Waxing and polishing

Old March 2nd 19, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Senna Van den Bosch

Default Waxing and polishing

Since winter is nearly ending and I'm doing final adjustments to my glider, I was wondering. Is it interesting to wax and polish it? I've seen a set of products he https://www.theaerodyne.com/gb/care-...ider-care.html

D-1339
Old March 2nd 19, 10:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I've used the Prist canopy cleaner and I don't like it. The Plexus product seems to be a better cleaner. I don't know about the other stuff.

My local composite shop mocks his dentist. "He does'nt really care, he's really glad to see you brush your teeth"
Old March 2nd 19, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Saturday, March 2, 2019 at 1:07:29 PM UTC-8, wrote:
I've used the Prist canopy cleaner and I don't like it. The Plexus product seems to be a better cleaner. I don't know about the other stuff.

My local composite shop mocks his dentist. "He does'nt really care, he's really glad to see you brush your teeth"

I have had the exact opposite experience. Prist windo clearner works great, Plexus leaves a film and can't be cleaned off.
Old March 3rd 19, 03:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
joesimmers[_2_]

I have had great luck with Plexus, I use either super clean or
brand new microfiber towels only for buffing it out.

If canopy is really dirty clean with pure water first
then use Plexus.

I hate dirty canopy's.

Old March 3rd 19, 09:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Senna Van den Bosch

Would it be advised to do the entire glider or just wings/tail?
Old March 3rd 19, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
joesimmers[_2_]

Senna have you heard about hard waxing? Using a rotary
buffing wheel and a block of hard wax to do the entire glider
minus the canopy.

Also good stuff is the 2 part WX Block and Seal
available from wings and wheels.

The Plexus is for the canopy only not the glider itself it
looks like this thread drifted.
Old March 4th 19, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, March 2, 2019 at 2:18:24 PM UTC-6, Senna Van den Bosch wrote:
Since winter is nearly ending and I'm doing final adjustments to my glider, I was wondering. Is it interesting to wax and polish it? I've seen a set of products he https://www.theaerodyne.com/gb/care-...ider-care.html

D-1339

My glider is painted in arcylic urethane ... I clean it up and then use Glare polish.

https://www.glare.com/products?cid=Mg%3D%3D&pn=Aviation

Keeps it protected, nice and shiny.

Bob
Old March 4th 19, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Lessnick 51P

I have not used any hard wax product for years on any of my vehicles (cars, planes, sailplanes etc).

I've been SUPER happy with JetShine from PERMANON. It's a bit expensive but takes almost ZERO effort to apply. The activating bonding ingredient is water and one just simply sprays it on a clean surface then wipes off the excess. It is "nano-technology" and protects the surface beautifully while protecting it from UV. After using this stuff for almost 10 years, I'd be hard pressed to ever go back to hard wax and buffing wheels!

https://jetshineusa.com
Old March 5th 19, 02:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JB Gunner

On Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 10:15:22 PM UTC-6, David Lessnick 51P wrote:
I have not used any hard wax product for years on any of my vehicles (cars, planes, sailplanes etc).

I've been SUPER happy with JetShine from PERMANON. It's a bit expensive but takes almost ZERO effort to apply. The activating bonding ingredient is water and one just simply sprays it on a clean surface then wipes off the excess. It is "nano-technology" and protects the surface beautifully while protecting it from UV. After using this stuff for almost 10 years, I'd be hard pressed to ever go back to hard wax and buffing wheels!

https://jetshineusa.com

which product from their line do you use?
Old March 4th 19, 09:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Senna Van den Bosch

Op zaterdag 2 maart 2019 21:18:24 UTC+1 schreef Senna Van den Bosch:
Since winter is nearly ending and I'm doing final adjustments to my glider, I was wondering. Is it interesting to wax and polish it? I've seen a set of products he https://www.theaerodyne.com/gb/care-...ider-care.html

D-1339

Going a bit off topic here, not really looking for materials or products, just want to know, is it worth it to wax and polish the glider? For example, keeping it in great condition, smooth and shiny?

Buffer for Waxing & Polishing Mike the Strike Soaring 13 February 17th 13 10:29 PM
Waxing Poetic On Flying Jay Beckman Piloting 4 October 30th 06 06:17 PM
Sanding or Waxing - PIK 20 Question culverflyer Soaring 22 September 22nd 05 09:01 PM
Polishing & Waxing Go Soaring 8 March 24th 05 03:15 PM
Wing Waxing Marske Flying Wings Soaring 2 September 10th 03 02:59 AM