Records Show Bush Guard Commitment Unmet

Old September 11th 04, 07:51 PM
Ed Rasimus

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 18:08:18 GMT, Robey Price
wrote:

Well since I never flew combat...in the Phantom, I thought night AAR
in the wx was sporting,

And, then drop off and head north to a turn point near Yen Bai and try
to muck around in the dark supporting a BUFF strike or three near
Hanoi while they shoot SAMs and guns at you and some fool is mucking
up the radio with MiG calls and the beepers are going off....

as was a no-**** single engine approach. I
thought compressor stalls at FL450 during Viper FCFs was sporting, as
was landing min fuel in a snow storm after diverting. Then again,
intramural crud at the O'Club bar on friday nights was certainly more
physical.

Confess now. At least once you must have snuck into the men's room and
read the rules on the wall over the urinal didn't you?

I think I can hear Rasimus snorting and mumbling something best left
unwritten, all the way over here.

Everybody's got their own little sack of rocks to tote around. Maybe
he's singing Monty Python's "Lumberjack" song.

Unbloody likely. But, can we talk about this parrot you sold me?

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
"Phantom Flights, Bangkok Nights"
Both from Smithsonian Books
***www.thunderchief.org
Old September 11th 04, 09:31 PM
Robey Price

After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police, Ed Rasimus
confessed the following:

And, then drop off and head north to a turn point near Yen Bai and try
to muck around in the dark supporting a BUFF strike or three near
Hanoi while they shoot SAMs and guns at you and some fool is mucking
up the radio with MiG calls and the beepers are going off....

And that folks is why I genuinely hold guys like Ed in such high
esteem...while you were doing that I was cutting articles out of the
Pacific Stars & Stripes about the air war (still got'em)...I sat on
the steps of Base Ops at Clark watching transient Phantoms come and
go.

Confess now. At least once you must have snuck into the men's room and
read the rules on the wall over the urinal didn't you?

Our rules were posted on the wall abeam the crud table. But as the FNG
1Lt on my first friday night in the sqdn, I called "Balls" on my Ops O
thereby eliminating him from the game (much to the delight of every
player...except the Ops O). Judgement: None Noted

Unbloody likely. But, can we talk about this parrot you sold me?

He's just resting.

Robey

Old September 13th 04, 05:10 PM
Krztalizer

Without getting between you and Kevin who appear to be having a lot of
good ol' classic RAM fun, let me state that Robin was not stationed at
Luke in the '70s and was not a member or squadron commander of the
Nickel.

I've spent days going over this in my head trying to figure out how I could be
THIS wrong and the best assumption I can come to is that my thirty year old
memories of an event from my childhood combined more than one visit to Luke
into a single event. I know we were introduced to General Olds, but as a kid,
I had known of him as a Colonel, so that is how he stayed in my memory. It
would not surprise me if they introduced him as the former commanding officer
of the 555th, and I dropped the word 'former' somewhere in the past three
decades, or he could have been standing at the elbow of the CO of the 555th and
I got it wrong over the years. We were visiting the 555th and that is where
the "ready room" (I was Navy long enough that any room reserved for pilots with
rows of chairs and photos of gun cam footage all over the place, plaques, etc.,
gets lumped under the heading of "ready room" regardless of what the correct
USAF term may be) event took place.

But, it isn't inconceivable that visiting Luke at the time, you might
have encountered Robin on some sort of visit as well.

You're fortunate to have met one of the great ones.

I agree, Ed. And if you ever make BGen, I apologize in advance for recalling
you as a Colonel.

v/r
Gordon
USN SAR

Its always better to lose -an- engine, not -the- engine.

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM