The NW overflight, what REALLY happened

Old January 1st 10, 09:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
D Ramapriya

Default The NW overflight, what REALLY happened

On 26 Dec 2009, 22:05, Bug Dout wrote:
Mxsmanic writes:
I'm just wondering if those pilots who landed on a taxiway had their licenses
revoked, too, since they also deserved to be grounded.

Not sure that merely landing on a taxiway is cause for license revocation.

Eh? You could easily miss a helpless aircraft and/or other vehicles,
aside of the likelihood of the taxiway not being long enough to
prevent an overrun.

If that ain't cause for license revocation, an arrest is the least
severe censure.

That would be a single momentary mistake; the NW pilots made
a series of careless mistakes over an hour or more.

Having missed the scheduled TOD by as much as half an hour and then
too realizing that something might be amiss only by accident seems way
odd for two aviators with that much flying experience between them.

The other oddity is the meal comment. A meal at 5.30 pm?? And I'm sure
pilots would need to be not eating pre-TOD because the PF needs to
conduct an approach briefing, among other things.

I saw a bizjet land at the wrong airport a few years ago.

Although this isn't uncommon, in this day and age, landing at the
wrong airport is utterly unpardonable. I recall that 5 years ago an
Airbus A319 landed thus near Rapid City. Unless they'd keyed in the
wrong airport data into the FMC and/or violated the SOP by hand-flying
during phases when they shouldn't have been, it beggars belief that an
FBW a/c could've managed that!

Ramapriya
Old January 4th 10, 02:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Richard[_11_]

On Dec 23 2009, 12:13*pm, Gezellig wrote:
On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 15:07:43 -0800 (PST), wrote:
Subject: NWA overflight

snipped complete set of Bull****

Of course I snip your nonsense. *Just because you've wandered into a
quagmire of inanities, irrelevances, and stupidities doesn't mean I have
to follow you in.

That would make a great sig! THANK YOU!

Old January 11th 10, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 18:45:03 +0100, -b- wrote:

To me, that rhetoric falls flat. I am an instrument rated PPL (like many
here, yet unlike some of the most vociferous)

You talking to me, boyo? If so, you need to know that a
good meal for me is grilled rattler with beans, and a
big cold glass of cougar milk. Cactus thorn for a
tooth pick. Get it?
--
Mark inventor/artist/pilot/guitarist/scientist/philosopher/
scratch golfer/cat wrangler and observer of the mundane.
Old January 11th 10, 11:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
-b-[_5_]

Well, I'm truly sorry to deflate your prentention, but in fact I was
responding to someone else, your own existance having escaped my scrutiny
heretofore. This misgiving corrected through your efforts, I must confess it
changes little in the analysis, but I would hasten to add that help IS
available. With therapy you can overcome your fear and fly again, like other
people.

In article , says...

Old January 12th 10, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 23:20:22 +0100, -b- wrote:

Well, I'm truly sorry to deflate your prentention, but in fact I was
responding to someone else, your own existance having escaped my scrutiny
heretofore. This misgiving corrected through your efforts, I must confess it
changes little in the analysis, but I would hasten to add that help IS
available. With therapy you can overcome your fear and fly again, like other
people.

Now as I bid you ado for the day, my advice is to
live in the moment, and find yourself. You might
even want to go look for America.