SkySight forecast available for SW USA

Old March 16th 17, 10:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default SkySight forecast available for SW USA

On Friday, 17 March 2017 01:43:28 UTC+10:30, Tom BravoMike wrote:
Get to know Matthew Scutter on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/htANHB-L_zI

Matthew, I like your approach to gliding and especially the thorough preparation ahead of planned flights.

Tom BravoMike

I also have videos on how I use SkySight.io to plan a task around the weather, see below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RIN0086LzY

Old March 19th 17, 06:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

On Friday, March 17, 2017 at 8:03:24 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I have had a number of queries offlist about SkySight's coverage - we cover almost all of the US now, barring an area around North Dakota/Minnesota.
Coverage will be extended there too if demand exists.

On Friday, 17 March 2017 00:19:49 UTC+3, wrote:
On Friday, 17 March 2017 01:43:28 UTC+10:30, Tom BravoMike wrote:
Get to know Matthew Scutter on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/htANHB-L_zI

Matthew, I like your approach to gliding and especially the thorough preparation ahead of planned flights.

Tom BravoMike

I also have videos on how I use SkySight.io to plan a task around the weather, see below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RIN0086LzY

Today in Moriarty the GFS forecast was the most accurate
Old April 22nd 17, 12:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kurt Thams

On Friday, March 17, 2017 at 7:03:24 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I have had a number of queries offlist about SkySight's coverage - we cover almost all of the US now, barring an area around North Dakota/Minnesota.
Coverage will be extended there too if demand exists.

One of the features from Dr. Jack that I like but is missing from XCSkies is CU Potential.

Does Skysight have that?

I find it useful because just having "yes / no" to cumulus isn't nearly as informative as the likelihood of them.
Old April 22nd 17, 04:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 4:31:14 PM UTC-7, Kurt Thams wrote:
On Friday, March 17, 2017 at 7:03:24 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I have had a number of queries offlist about SkySight's coverage - we cover almost all of the US now, barring an area around North Dakota/Minnesota.
Coverage will be extended there too if demand exists.

One of the features from Dr. Jack that I like but is missing from XCSkies is CU Potential.

Does Skysight have that?

I find it useful because just having "yes / no" to cumulus isn't nearly as informative as the likelihood of them.

Kurt et al:
Skysight has the following regarding cloud potential.
Boundary Layer Cloud Cover
Low Level Cloud Cover (up to FL130)
Mid Level Cloud Cover (FL130 - 330)
High Level Cloud Cover (FL330 up)

Jim
Old April 22nd 17, 10:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, 22 April 2017 00:31:14 UTC+1, Kurt Thams wrote:
On Friday, March 17, 2017 at 7:03:24 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I have had a number of queries offlist about SkySight's coverage - we cover almost all of the US now, barring an area around North Dakota/Minnesota.
Coverage will be extended there too if demand exists.

One of the features from Dr. Jack that I like but is missing from XCSkies is CU Potential.

Does Skysight have that?

I find it useful because just having "yes / no" to cumulus isn't nearly as informative as the likelihood of them.

Hi Kurt,
Yes it does, and SkySight calls this "Cu Depth". The concept is identical.
Cheers,
Matthew
Old April 22nd 17, 12:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 5:30:26 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Saturday, 22 April 2017 00:31:14 UTC+1, Kurt Thams wrote:
On Friday, March 17, 2017 at 7:03:24 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I have had a number of queries offlist about SkySight's coverage - we cover almost all of the US now, barring an area around North Dakota/Minnesota.
Coverage will be extended there too if demand exists.

One of the features from Dr. Jack that I like but is missing from XCSkies is CU Potential.

Does Skysight have that?

I find it useful because just having "yes / no" to cumulus isn't nearly as informative as the likelihood of them.

Hi Kurt,
Yes it does, and SkySight calls this "Cu Depth". The concept is identical.
Cheers,
Matthew

I would like to add that the convergence forecast on skysight is very good. Certainly helped in my last flight.

Thanks Matthew.

Best Regards,
Daniel

Dr Jack forecast high too low [email protected] Soaring 6 February 21st 17 07:40 PM
Flying through known or forecast icing John Doe Instrument Flight Rules 76 December 20th 05 09:01 AM
Flying through known or forecast icing John Doe Piloting 67 December 17th 05 02:20 PM
Translate WX Forecast John T Piloting 34 August 5th 05 02:28 PM
Help, Need Wave forecast Kevin R. Anderson Soaring 2 March 1st 04 07:26 PM