Why did Bush join the national guard?

Old September 7th 04, 01:09 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

So now you are taking credit for your cousins military action while you
did
nothin? What a fraud eouy are.

What's an "eouy"?

And he flew C-54's in WW II? How did he do that?

Are you asking how airplanes fly?

What was his unit?. What theatre. If he flew C-54's in WW II he didn't
****.

Another asinine statement.

You are just another dumb wannewabbee telling combat veterans what
it was really like.

How did you manage to avoid learning anything about military aviation while
you were in the USAAF?

Old September 7th 04, 01:20 AM
Bob Coe

"ArtKramr" wrote

In 1943 I joined the Army Air Corps and went to war. When did you go to war you
cowardly piece of lying crap? Never. Right?.

Maybe he was black, and your racist crew wouldn't let him fight?

Old September 7th 04, 06:08 AM
Ian MacLure

(ArtKramr) wrote in
:

Subject: Why did Bush join the national guard?
From: Ian MacLure

Date: 9/6/2004 4:42 PM Pacific Standard Time
(ArtKramr) wrote in
:

From: "Kevin Brooks"

Date: 9/6/2004 2:02 PM Pacifi

-again. You could not have joined the reserves in 1943. They had
been federalized and mobilized almost three years earlier.
Historical fact

In 1943 I joined the Army Air Corps and went to war. When did you go
to war you cowardly piece of lying crap? Never. Right?.

My cousin joined up in 1941.

I'll bet he saw more combat than you did and he flew C-54s.

So now you are taking credit for your cousins military action while

No, I'm merely pointing out that there were others involved.
I make no claims about my service heroic or otherwise.
In the context of WWII that would be kind of difficult as I'm
a little young for that conflict.

you did nothin? What a fraud you are.

Nope, I'm real. I don't claim to be a hero.
My cousin doesn't either, won't talk about it unless
pressed. Unlike some folks I could mention.

And he flew C-54's in WW II?

Yes
Military version of DC-4.
(
http://www.warbirdalley.com/c54.htm )
What word did you not understand.

How did he do that?

???
Well, as I understand it, he joined the US Army, went to flight
school, was assigned ( along with his brother ) to fly transports
and wound up going to a C-54 unit.
Again let me know what concepts are giving you trouble.

What was his unit?.

That I don't know. He was in 1942-1947.
I do know it was his crew that flew Gen Wainwright back to
the USA after Japan surrendered and the POWs were freed.
There is at least one picture of him on the front page
of an SF paper post war. Him you wouldn't recognise,
a number of those in the crowd you would.

What theatre.

Pacific. All over, some places he'd even been pre-war.
Shot up by Japanese fighters twice. Lost his copilot the
first time. Only wounded the second. On a third occasion
had some 20 feet of the top of the airplane peeled off by a
near miss ( mortar or artillery ) while rolling out.
Comes from operating in contested airspace or onto a
contested airfield.

If he flew C-54's in WW II he didn't ****.

Never asked him about constipation but I believe he
is fairly regular. As far as I know aside from small
contusions etc from the aforementioned episodes he
was mostly healthy.

You are just another dumb wannewabbee telling combat veterans
what it was really like.

No, I don't wannabe. If I have to go in harm's way I'd
like to be able to shoot back.

IBM

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old September 7th 04, 06:10 AM
Ian MacLure

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
ink.net:

[snip]

How did you manage to avoid learning anything about military aviation
while you were in the USAAF?

He was a bombardier.
They were notorious for needing help ( cf: Yossarian )

Old September 7th 04, 06:22 AM
Bob Coe

"Ian MacLure" wrote
Kramer the ****-up wrote:
And he flew C-54's in WW II?

Yes
Military version of DC-4.
( http://www.warbirdalley.com/c54.htm )
What word did you not understand.

How did he do that?

Kramer you dumb ****, even Roosevelt had one for AF #1

What a brain-dead moron. What a ****-up! I believe SNAFU
was named after your racist crew!

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
George W. Bush Abortion Scandal that should have been Psalm 110 Military Aviation 0 August 12th 04 09:40 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM