Turn coordinator? How dare they!

Old February 15th 13, 04:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Default Turn coordinator? How dare they!

lol!

On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:07:57 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:27:06 AM UTC-6, Sean F (F2) wrote:

No way this potential cheater (why else would he have a TC?) would reveal himself. :-)

I have a great idea for next year. Special contest for Sean and his buddies. IGC club class only. Grand Prix rules, with no finish minimum, with full IGC protocols -- jury, stewards and all. Full panel IFR (artificial horizon) required. Flarm units with leech mode enabled required. The new DeLorme every minute tracker required, and each pilot's "team captain" will radio up other pilot's positions and weather from ground control. Units: Metric. Language: Only Norwegian and Polish allowed -- need to practice up for the WGC, guys!

(Sorry, can't seem to wait for April 1!)

Old February 19th 13, 01:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:50:37 AM UTC-5, AGL wrote:
since you "don't do competition", how do you know?

. . . by helping at contests.

if you're going to help, you might as well fly at them. you're obviously not going to the right contests. i've always had a more than pleasant experience... even when i land out.

Old February 19th 13, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Kona mi seier, for aa vaere verdenklasse, ein skulle ha god forstaaelse i det norske maal.Ho seier ogsaa at konkoranse-flyging var kjekkare paa same tid me var i laering.

AH
Old February 20th 13, 10:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Oh yes, Mobile phones are absolutely cardinal sins to the SSA and US Rules Team.

We are all assumed guilty until proven innocent here. The installation of an AH is absolute admission of your intention to cheat.

It has no safety purpose other than to cloud fly and cheat your opponents of course.

This is an old discussion but I do enjoy the chance to discuss the rational again.

It is highly enforceable in an alternate universe somewhere. Here we just make a stink about it but do not enforce it at all other than making software developers waste time.

:-)
Old February 21st 13, 10:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 11:21:06 PM UTC+1, Sean F (F2) wrote:
Oh yes, Mobile phones are absolutely cardinal sins to the SSA and US Rules Team.

We are all assumed guilty until proven innocent here. The installation of an AH is absolute admission of your intention to cheat.

It has no safety purpose other than to cloud fly and cheat your opponents of course.

This is an old discussion but I do enjoy the chance to discuss the rational again.

It is highly enforceable in an alternate universe somewhere. Here we just make a stink about it but do not enforce it at all other than making software developers waste time.

:-)

Has anyone actually tried using a straight iPhone (no external sensors) as an attitude indicator? Good luck and dibs on your stereo...

Kirk
66
Old February 21st 13, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

There have been some thoroughly hilarious discussions on this topic in the past year or so:

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?fromgroups#!search/rules$20committee$20gyro/rec.aviation.soaring/1gM3nGZamb4

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?fromgroups#!search/rules$20committee$20gyro/rec.aviation.soaring/47SxSc-if7M (LX has an AH that actually works but it was not banned in any way, nor the software producer asked to create a version incapable of accessing the AH module data! Unreal! Yes, I know!!!

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?fromgroups#!search/rules$20committee$20gyro/rec.aviation.soaring/7RXaK9m8TTU

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?fromgroups#!search/rules$20committee$20gyro/rec.aviation.soaring/R5IKbGMIX0w

Serious question for the RC: Is this illegal? http://www.bellross.com/us/collections/aviation/br_01/

Since an Iphone or Android phone with XC Soar are considered illegal (even though it is useless as a flying instrument), what about my watch? Is this also illegal? I just want to be sure before I close the canopy in competition this summer ;-)!

Sean
F2

Old February 21st 13, 02:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Need clarification from the RC:

Are any of the following devices illegal?

http://www.mattbaily.ca/blog/2012/08...n-coordinator/

http://scibilitymedia.com/bell-ross-...ed-watches-421

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/bell-ros...ches-hands-on/

http://www.watchmundi.com/2012/05/30...n-coordinator/

http://montre24.com/news/2012-04-20/1272/

Sean

Old February 21st 13, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Has this been banned yet?

http://i-hud.com

Sean
Old February 21st 13, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Same hardware as LX NAV's AH: http://www.aviation.levil.com/AHRS.htm, but instead of needed a 5-10k LX unit, your iPhone will work!
http://www.aviation.levil.com/AHRS.htm

How do we enforce the no cell phone rule again? Why do we have it again?

Sean