Any fliers?

Old May 26th 04, 04:28 AM
MLenoch

If I send you my maintenance manual, can you tell me what airplane and
theater
it is from?
VL

Arthur Kramer

wrote:Whaaaaaa ?

I'm just pullin' your leg, Art. I have some original WW2 manuals, a few of
which I use on my plane. The maintenance manual is truely infused with 120
weight oil, red hydraulic fluid and a bit more of green coolant (this is the
clue), along with lots of greasy thumb prints. I can't tell if the manual was
ever 'over there', but it sure has seen many overhauls conducted in the hanger.
Thx, Art.........
VL
Old May 28th 04, 11:54 PM
BUFDRVR

Jim Baker wrote:

Careful, pretty soon he'll claim to have a big watch. ;-)

Nope, just big gloves

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old May 28th 04, 11:58 PM
BUFDRVR

Steve wrote:

Are you up for almost an entire day airborne?

I'd give it a go. Got to be more comfortable than a Cessna pukebox. :-)

I thought that too...until my first Global Power sortie. 28+ hours and when we
landed they poured me out of the jet and my head and back hurt for three days.
I'm here to tell you they're no fun.....novel, but not fun. My comfort limit is
24 hours. Anything longer and I'm in pain.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old May 29th 04, 12:23 AM
Ron

I thought that too...until my first Global Power sortie. 28+ hours and when
we
landed they poured me out of the jet and my head and back hurt for three
days.
I'm here to tell you they're no fun.....novel, but not fun. My comfort limit
is
24 hours. Anything longer and I'm in pain.

BUFDRVR

I can just imagine what my grandfathers 40+ hour flights in the RB-36 must have
been like..

Ron
Tanker 65, C-54E (DC-4)
Silver City Tanker Base

Old May 31st 04, 02:55 AM
BUFDRVR

Ron wrote:

I can just imagine what my grandfathers 40+ hour flights in the RB-36 must
have
been like..

Painful. They probably had a little more room, but I'm sure it was just as
noisy, which takes its toll after about a day.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old May 31st 04, 02:58 AM
BUFDRVR

Bjørnar Bolsøy wrote:

Do you get to stretch your legs much during such a flight?

The only real place to stretch your legs is between decks on the ladder. You
can do it sitting down too if you adjust the rudder pedals full forward, but
stretching your legs with a numb rear end isn't as useful.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"