OLC broken ?

Old March 18th 07, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Limus

Default OLC broken ?

I submitted my flight 12 hours ago and its still not showing up. There
are only 2 flight for the whole US for yesterday, so I think its not
just me.

Limus

Old March 18th 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

I see a lot of US flights (at least 10) for 17 March, but most of them
have no scores, and when I tried to download one, I had to append
".igc" to the filename before I could open it in SeeYou. Never had to
do that before ...

Old March 18th 07, 05:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stewart Kissel

Default 2K7 OLC Tutorial for the masses?

I am looking forward with much anticipation for soaring
season to start in Colorado...no doubt for some it
already has.

I view with trepidation trying to succesfully deal
with the new improved OLC....any sage software types
willing to give us software-challenged types a brief
overview of how to suceed?

Old March 18th 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kilo Charlie

"Limus" wrote in message
oups.com...
I submitted my flight 12 hours ago and its still not showing up. There
are only 2 flight for the whole US for yesterday, so I think its not
just me.

Limus

I have had the same problems. I've used a couple of different links and
can't seem to get it working. Also tried to upload a couple of flights
without success in the past month. There have been multiple posts re this
and there continue to be problems. I can't imagine that this bodes well for
the continued use of OLC but would also appreciate any advice others may
have as to how to make it work.

Casey Lenox
KC
Phoenix

Old March 19th 07, 01:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]

On Mar 18, 9:20 am, Stewart Kissel
wrote:
I am looking forward with much anticipation for soaring
season to start in Colorado...no doubt for some it
already has.

I view with trepidation trying to succesfully deal
with the new improved OLC....any sage software types
willing to give us software-challenged types a brief
overview of how to suceed?

try this link-
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0/segelflugszene/

click on gliding
click and pull down worldwide
click on North America
click on date and pull down the correct date

yup, it's a pain but it seems to work

Dan Rihn

Old March 19th 07, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

On Mar 18, 11:32 am, "Kilo Charlie" wrote:
I have had the same problems. I've used a couple of different links and
can't seem to get it working. Also tried to upload a couple of flights
without success in the past month.

Works fine for me....

I do notice that for today, there are quite a few flights with failed
validation. Not sure if they are waiting to be validated or if there
is some problem with upload.

Anyhow, IMO, the new OLC is looking better and better each week I
check. Remember, this is free software, so we get what we pay for it
(yes, I know there are NACs and advertisers, but these cover hosting
costs, not labor). The developers can't afford to do big time
testing, so we get to "help" by documenting problems and sharing
workarounds until they're fixed.

I suggest that some of us volunteer to help the ones having troubles,
as for me "it just works" to upload a flight. Fortunately, the winter
WX here in Eastern CO has finally let up enough for the BFSS airport
to start drying out, but it's still a few weeks before the towplane is
ready due to the cold and snow making it hard for our mechanic to get
work done. So all you other USA clubs had better watch out - BFSS is
chomping at the bit!

So, if you can't upload your flight, and there is nobody local to help
you, feel free to email your IGC file to me and I'll upload it for
you.

I'll need your birthdate, name as you registered, club and glider type
(if not in the IGC file). Send it to tserkowski at my gmail address.

-Tom

Old March 19th 07, 03:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kilo Charlie

"5Z" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 18, 11:32 am, "Kilo Charlie" wrote:
I have had the same problems. I've used a couple of different links and
can't seem to get it working. Also tried to upload a couple of flights
without success in the past month.

Works fine for me....

Well I'm an old guy 5Z so not sure that the problem isn't that they don't
allow dates that early. ;-)

Appreciate your offer and will keep hammering away. Its been nearly 100
degrees here already for the past few days.....that may sound good to you
all in the frozen areas of the world but its an omen here in Phoenix. TS1
is reported to have smoked around on Saturday out of El Tiro getting to 18K
for 500K.....waiting for that log to be posted.

I'm trying to master a Columbia 350 I just got with the intention of being
able to reach some nice soaring locations (Ely, Moriarty) in the same amount
of time it would take me to drive to the alternative local sites since Turf
has closed. Too bad I can't log the files from that rocket ship!

Casey Lenox
KC
Phoenix

Old March 19th 07, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Limus

I got notification email about 1PM PDT and then I saw results for US
were posted. Only 18 hour delay.

Limus

Old March 19th 07, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ray Lovinggood

I uploaded a flight directly through OLC web page last
(Sunday, March 18th) night. This was for USA, Region
5. It was quick. It was easy. It was also the first
flight I've had to load since OLC changed their format
last Fall. It is MUCH easier than it used to be, since
you don't have to find your start and stop times and
pick where you started from.

Ray Lovinggood

Old March 19th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

I posted my flight on Sunday evening using See You's saved olc file
feature and my flight appeared within 5 seconds.

Nice to get over 12,000 feet in March!

Mike

Broken P lead? Jim Burns Piloting 16 October 27th 06 08:06 PM
surviving a broken wing Kyler Laird General Aviation 0 August 3rd 06 04:31 PM
Broken window in jet plane Eduardo K. Piloting 17 April 13th 06 10:19 PM
Broken wing Stubby Piloting 27 January 1st 06 04:04 AM
Looking for broken Garmin Larry Goddard Soaring 3 July 5th 04 12:46 PM