WEINER AGREES NOT TO TARGET GA AFTER MEETING WITH AOPA

Old September 24th 04, 05:21 PM
john smith

Default WEINER AGREES NOT TO TARGET GA AFTER MEETING WITH AOPA

What does that tell you about how all the other legislation that gets
introduced?

wrote:
While this is a good thing that he admitted he was wrong, what is really
sad is that this guy introduced legislation to imposed restrictions while
uneducated on the subject matter.

At least *some* politicians can admit that they were wrong and do the
right thing.

Old September 24th 04, 05:54 PM

My thought exactly.

--
Mike Flyin'8
Old September 24th 04, 08:57 PM
Otis Winslow

Legislation gets introduced because someone with lots of $$$ to donate
to candidates wants it introduced.

Old September 25th 04, 02:21 AM
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 19:57:48 GMT, "Otis Winslow"
wrote in
::

Legislation gets introduced because someone with lots of $$$ to donate
to candidates wants it introduced.

And who would you speculate donated for the introduction of this bill?

Old September 25th 04, 04:26 AM
H.P.

a Dumbo-crat;
a JF'n Dumbo-crat

"Tom Fleischman" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
From AOPA:

WEINER AGREES NOT TO TARGET GA AFTER MEETING WITH AOPA
New York Congressman Anthony Weiner won't be targeting fixed-wing
general aviation aircraft with security legislation after all. AOPA
President Phil Boyer and Vice President of Legislative Affairs Jon
Hixson had a substantive discussion with Weiner on Wednesday afternoon
to explain GA security and reiterate AOPA members' opposition to his
current security bill. At the conclusion of the meeting, Weiner said,
"Tell your members I will not be pursuing fixed-wing aircraft. I will
do further study on helicopter operations in New York City with a
better understanding of Part 91 versus charter and sightseeing
operations." Weiner introduced legislation that would require
airline-style security screening and "continuous contact with the FAA"
for every GA flight, and prohibit flight over densely populated cities
or within 1,500 feet of any building. Weiner indicated that he has a
better appreciation now of the security measures in place for GA. See
AOPA Online.

Old September 25th 04, 04:38 PM
Pixel Dent

In article ,
"Otis Winslow" wrote:

Legislation gets introduced because someone with lots of $$$ to donate
to candidates wants it introduced.

Or frequently just because a constituent asks him to, believe it or not.
In the past I was a member of a small group that found a rep friendly to
our cause, and each year he'd submit 5 or 6 bills for us. Most went
nowhere other than a committee hearing. I guarantee he wasn't doing it
because of $$$, because we didn't have any to give ;-)
Old September 25th 04, 06:42 PM
Orval Fairbairn

In article
,
Pixel Dent wrote:

In article ,
"Otis Winslow" wrote:

Legislation gets introduced because someone with lots of $$$ to donate
to candidates wants it introduced.

Or frequently just because a constituent asks him to, believe it or not.
In the past I was a member of a small group that found a rep friendly to
our cause, and each year he'd submit 5 or 6 bills for us. Most went
nowhere other than a committee hearing. I guarantee he wasn't doing it
because of $$$, because we didn't have any to give ;-)

Perhaps it was Bill MulCahy or Webbie, of
"alt.activism.noise.pollution". They are capable of such nonsense.