NASDAC reports no longer public????

Old April 1st 05, 04:45 AM
Icebound

Default NASDAC reports no longer public????

The NASDAC ("Aviation Safety Reporting System") reports which used to be
available publicly through the "query tool" from he

https://www.nasdac.faa.gov/portal/pa..._schema=PORTAL

now require a password.... Anybody know why the change in policy????

Seems to be just a few days ago.....

Old April 1st 05, 02:36 PM
Joe Morris

"Icebound" writes:

The NASDAC ("Aviation Safety Reporting System") reports which used to be
available publicly through the "query tool" from he

https://www.nasdac.faa.gov/portal/pa..._schema=PORTAL

now require a password.... Anybody know why the change in policy????

Going in through the base host ("www.nasdac.faa.gov") appears to work (and
yields a URL similar but not identical to the one you quoted above).

However...it appears that the sitemaster has recently gotten a dose
of security religion, and has added a PKI certificate to the site.
That's fine, except that the certificate is self-issued and in any
case was issued to a different site ("extranet.nasdac.faa.gov"),
which is also the site which issued it.

There is no certificate chain that can be verified by the public.

If your browser is set to automatically reject sites that present
invalid credentials this might explain what you're seeing.

Joe Morris
Old April 1st 05, 02:41 PM
Grumman-581

"Icebound" wrote in message ...
The NASDAC ("Aviation Safety Reporting System") reports which used to be
available publicly through the "query tool" from he

https://www.nasdac.faa.gov/portal/pa..._schema=PORTAL

now require a password.... Anybody know why the change in policy????

Did you consider clicking the "Feedback" link?

Old April 1st 05, 09:18 PM
Icebound

"Joe Morris" wrote in message
"Icebound" writes:

[...]

Thanks, Joe. You were correct about my browser.

I don't exactly know how certificates work, but the data itself seems to
actually reside on the "extranet" host... when my browser refused the
certificate, it is the "extranet" host that required me to login.

Thanks again.

Doesn't matter though, its been stuck on September, 2004 for a long time....
I'd hoped there would be some new ones by now.