Jeppesen renewal notices

Old August 21st 06, 03:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default Jeppesen renewal notices

jmk wrote:
Travis Marlatte wrote:

I dispise being "reminded" to renew six months in advance. Worse, is the
claim that it will save them money. Send me one renewal notice, when it is
due and I'll pay it. What could be cheaper?

True, but in the case of Jepp, it's the old "make it look like a bill
for something that's already been ordered." that gets me. Complete
with "third notice" and "past due date." Plus the implication that it
will cost me big bucks if I don't get my money on time (yeah, I
confirmed with Jepp - the price is exactly the same for renewal as for
a brand new subscription).

Sheesh... about the only thing it's missing is bold red "your credit
rating may suffer."

Also, "We will turn your account over to a collection agency."
Old August 21st 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Stan Prevost

For a couple of years, what they did was disable the last two database
downloads if the renewal had not occurred. You had to call them to find out
why you could not download, then they would enable the one download without
comment. This year, just got the renewal notices.

"Sam Spade" wrote in message

Old August 21st 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Dave Butler[_1_]

GS wrote:
... I do think AOPA is horrendous. I
must have gotten at least 3 *dozen* letters, voicemails and emails to
re-join. I quit because of AOPA not being an organization for pilots
but simply an advertising/spamming organization

AOPA is a *lobbying* organization. The mail they send out to members gets them
revenue from their advertising partners and supports the lobbying mission.

If you're a member and don't want to receive the advertising, select all the
"don't send me advertising" membership options, and most or all of it stops.
Old August 21st 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Dave Butler wrote:

GS wrote:

... I do think AOPA is horrendous. I
must have gotten at least 3 *dozen* letters, voicemails and emails to
re-join. I quit because of AOPA not being an organization for pilots
but simply an advertising/spamming organization

AOPA is a *lobbying* organization. The mail they send out to members
gets them revenue from their advertising partners and supports the
lobbying mission.

If you're a member and don't want to receive the advertising, select all
the "don't send me advertising" membership options, and most or all of
it stops.

That has worked well for me.

Ebay Auction Jeppesen VHS (4) tapes collection: Enroute Charts, IFR Emergencies, Departures & Arrivals, Approach Charts Cecil Chapman Products 0 February 9th 05 03:09 AM
A Jeppesen rant Peter R. Piloting 4 January 17th 05 03:54 AM
Jeppesen Charts missing names? Louis L. Perley III Instrument Flight Rules 3 June 29th 04 05:06 PM
Jeppesen Flite Pro IFR lLight Simulator AND Jeppesen FlitePro ATC Communications Software on Ebay Cecil E. Chapman Products 0 January 14th 04 01:37 AM
King Videos: Jeppesen Chart Review (2 tapes on eBay) Approaches & Enroute, Departures, & Arrivals Cecil E. Chapman Products 0 November 11th 03 05:14 PM