182 panel

Old August 2nd 03, 03:05 PM
Jim

Default 182 panel

Does anybody know what would be the oldest Cessna 182 that one could
re-configure into a standard T "8-pack"? I've seen a '69 done this way, but
older models look like they have a curved panel with less room.
Thanks!
--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply

Old August 2nd 03, 03:27 PM
Alan Wolfson

Jim,

My 1962 182E has been reconfigured to have the standard T 6-pack. They are not
aligned horizontally because of the curved panel, but from the ASI to the Altimeter
the vertical difference is small, maybe an inch or so. Personally, I like the much
lower glareshield of the earlier models, since I'm short and like to be able to see
over the nose. The mid 70's 182s have glare shields that seem to be 3-4 inches
higher than mine.

You mentioned 8-pack. I assume you are referring to 2 CDIs. I have 2 CDIs and
an ADF to the right of the standard 6-pack. The CDIs are where you would
expect them, just of the left of the radio stack.

Alan