SSA shoots itself in the foot again

Old January 19th 05, 01:00 AM

Default SSA shoots itself in the foot again

http://www.ssa.org/members/benefits/HowToJoin.asp
says it all...

This new website is very poorly tested.

Al

Old January 19th 05, 02:05 AM
chipsoars

What problem are you referring to? Clairvoyance is not one of the
staff or volunteer attributes. A lot of work is ongoing so please
contact a director or the office and let them know.

Chip F.

Old January 19th 05, 02:05 AM
GK

http://www.ssa.org/members/benefits/HowToJoin.asp
says it all...

This new website is very poorly tested.

Al

The old version was far more better looking and obviously more
functional, hope at least they didn't pay anything for these virtual
scrambles, or they should claim their money back.

Old January 19th 05, 02:16 AM
Eric Greenwell

GK wrote:
wrote:

http://www.ssa.org/members/benefits/HowToJoin.asp
says it all...

This new website is very poorly tested.

Al

The old version was far more better looking and obviously more
functional, hope at least they didn't pay anything for these virtual
scrambles, or they should claim their money back.

I'm not finding the problem. Here is the "how to join page" I get when I
enter from www.ssa.org:

http://ssa.org/society/howtojoin.asp

It seems to be fine.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA
Old January 19th 05, 03:48 AM
BTIZ

There have been many old and broken links in the new web..
And when I find them I do not publish it on the RAS..
I simply copy the link, send an email to Micki the webmaster..
And tell them what page you were on when you found the bad link..

I'll be the first to agree that I did not think there was anything wrong
with the old web format..
but rather than complain in public.. why not help with debugging.. and just
let them know what you found.

BT

oups.com...

Old January 19th 05, 04:13 AM
Tony Verhulst

I simply copy the link, send an email to Micki the webmaster..
And tell them what page you were on when you found the bad link..

Agreed, but Mickey's email address needs to be prominently displayed,
possibly at the bottom of each page. I found a problem on the site
yesterday and spent 5 minutes looking for the webmaster email address...
no joy. Maybe I overlooked something but unless the email address is
prominent, they'll get few reports. Insiders will know that
will work, but that ain't good enough, IMHO.

If i missed the address, would some one kindly point it out?

Tony V
Old January 19th 05, 04:30 AM
BTIZ

you are correct.. the address is not displayed anywhere that it can be
found.. I forwarded it to Dennis or Judy.. and they sent it on to Micki...
now I keep her address in my address book..

BT

Old January 19th 05, 04:46 AM

You are all missing the point.

I recall you used to be able to join online.....

Now you have to print out a PDF from a page thats buried in the site
Stuff all that in the mail with a check etc etc...

Its all a barrier to joining.. there should be a "join now" button that
you then fill out a form, punch in your CC number and your done.

Don't get me started on the site, its a wrapper for a stripped down
reuse of old pages from the old SSA site.

Bring back the old site until this new one is fixed.
But then who am I to bitch about the SSA.

Al

Old January 19th 05, 05:39 AM

Site layout aside... where is the "join here" functionality???

We are trying to grow the sport yet this is a totally backwards step in
increasing membership.

Al