Region 1 contest is BACK

Old January 25th 16, 09:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Christopher Giacomo

Default Region 1 contest is BACK

For the first time since 2008, the Region 1 contest is being hosted in Springfield, Vt over the two-weekend period of 24-26 June and 1-4 July.

Why over two weekends you may ask? So more people who can't take vacation for the full week can participate!

What if you want to come out all week? Tows will be available all week, with OLC XC and competitive flying lessons and mentoring by RR and UH.

Our goal for this contest is to draw out as many new contestants as possible, so we will be having a sports class and 2-seater "BUS" class (L-23, PW-6, K-21 or similar).

We may also host several condor races in the months leading up to the contest to allow participants to get a better understanding of the landscape and task they may be able to expect.

Registration is now open at http://www.ssa.org/ContestCommittee?show=blog&id=3108
Contest Website it at http://www.flynesa.com/Region1/
Questions? E-mail

Old January 25th 16, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

EXCELLENT - I am registering now - we did this last year at Wurtburo and it worked very well!

WH1
Old January 28th 16, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Christopher Giacomo

On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 6:31:28 PM UTC-5, wrote:
EXCELLENT - I am registering now - we did this last year at Wurtburo and it worked very well!

WH1

Thanks for being the first Bill! It is really exciting to see a regional starting to come together by support from clubs across the entire region!

Chris
Old February 17th 16, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Giaco

In an effort to try out some new an interesting aspects of setting up contests, R1 is hosting our first monthly Condor Race leading up to the actual contest using various task types typical of a Sports class contest. All of the races will be out of Springfield, Vt, so people unfamiliar with the area can utilize the photorealistic scenery to get more comfortable with the major landmarks and terrain.

The first task will be held this Sunday starting at 1900 EST, and will be a Turn Area Task from the Springfield Ridge to Mt. Ascutney, over to Lebanon, NH down to Keene, NH, and then back up, with a minimum Task time of 1 hour and 30 minutes. Flight tracks will need to be e-mailed after the race if you wish to have them properly scored in WinScore.

For some basic information on TAT tasks, you can read Appendix A10.3.2.3 of the 2015 SSA Sports class regional rules. (
http://www.ssa.org/files/member/2015...ass_Rules.pdf).

The Latest version of the condor scenery can be downloaded from http://tinyurl.com/h7uuwej

For group chat, there will be a "R1 Contest" chat room in the virtualsoaring.eu Teamspeak3 server

(google to download if you need it)
Address: ts3.virtualsoaring.eu:9982
Password: ask13

Hope to see you on! (and yes, Sean, there will be more than just TATs...)
Chris

NEW REGION 2 CONTEST J9 Soaring 0 May 15th 11 02:35 PM
Region 3 contestants Welcome-Region Six North Contest Ionia November Bravo Soaring 0 August 13th 09 12:53 PM
Region 8 Contest [email protected] Soaring 10 June 1st 06 03:34 AM
Region 10 contest Sam Fly Soaring 0 April 22nd 05 04:44 PM
Region 10 Contest Sam Fly Soaring 0 January 15th 05 02:52 PM