A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

SSA Convention

Old February 16th 16, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WAVEGURU
external usenet poster

Default SSA Convention

I'm not going to the convention this year but our former operator and airport manager, Roy Coulliette will be there. I would love some calls with any feedback on lectures and discussions and a FaceTime call from the display floor would be fantastic. Feel free to include me if you want.

Gary Boggs
692-284-9977
Old February 16th 16, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default SSA Convention

On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 9:46:58 AM UTC-5, Waveguru wrote:
I'm not going to the convention this year but our former operator and airport manager, Roy Coulliette will be there. I would love some calls with any feedback on lectures and discussions and a FaceTime call from the display floor would be fantastic. Feel free to include me if you want.

Gary Boggs
692-284-9977

Roy was my initial glider instructor when I began learning to fly. That was in 1981.

As requested - Feedback: He was a great instructor!

Ray
Old February 18th 16, 11:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas
external usenet poster

Default SSA Convention

I'm having a wonderful time, seeing old friends and meeting new ones. It's about the people of soaring, for me. The Carolina Soaring hosts are terrific. Genuine southern hospitality (and you can enjoy shrimp and grits for supper every night!)
Old February 18th 16, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Snyder
external usenet poster

Default SSA Convention

Gary Boggs
692-284-9977

I was hoping for the same sort of virtual experience. Perhaps someone who is attending could Periscope (https://www.periscope.tv/) the convention expo? If so, please post your username so others can be notified when you are online.

Chris Snyder
Merlin Soaring Assoc.
Old February 18th 16, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WAVEGURU
external usenet poster

Default SSA Convention

Love the feedback! Keep it coming please.

Boggs
Old February 18th 16, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SF
external usenet poster

Default SSA Convention

Feedback. Move in day was a long one. 8:00 am to 8:00pm. The hall is really big. Walk it 4,000 times getting everyone in their spot, and it gits bigger. Should have put a golf cart in my contract.

Got everyone where they should be more or less. Almost every booth sold and every glider spot is full.

SF
Old February 18th 16, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SF
external usenet poster

Default SSA Convention

Convention day one. Wow, does this thing look neat. 24 gliders on the floor, 2 hang gliders (one of those with an electric motor), 1 glider hangar, three Cobra trailers, 12 rv's. All the instruments you could ever want. Books galore, t-shirts abound.

Great speaker sessions, today and more to come tomorrow, and saturday.

We under estimated the number of parachutes to be repacked by a long shot. We could have kept three riggers busy today.

The glider rides that we did today, went well. We don't usually fly off of this airport. The flight path over Downtown is especially cool. We don't usually fly over here because of the low airspace shelf on top.

We closed up at 5:00 and no one wanted th leave.
Old February 19th 16, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default SSA Convention

On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 9:39:49 AM UTC-8, wrote:

Gary Boggs
692-284-9977

Roy was my initial glider instructor when I began learning to fly. That was in 1981.

Also flew with Roy Coulliette in 1968 at Chandler Airport, Arizona. He operated out of his pickup truck as I remember. Tom Hubbard VN

As requested - Feedback: He was a great instructor!

Ray