Source for labels for dollies etc?

Old February 15th 16, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Source for labels for dollies etc?

I need about a zillion different sized "YO" labels for all the dollies, tow contraptions, stands, stands for stands, rigging aids, fuel tanks, water tanks, and miscellaneous paraphernalia for the new glider. Can anybody recommend a good source of such labels?
Thanks,
See ya, Dave
Old February 15th 16, 08:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Dave I went down to one of our local print shops that deals with vynal signs and 'raps' . I got large wing and tail contest numbers and a bunch of smaller numbers for my associated gear. The entire batch cost under $40.
Old February 15th 16, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Monday, February 15, 2016 at 12:35:47 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Dave I went down to one of our local print shops that deals with vynal signs and 'raps' . I got large wing and tail contest numbers and a bunch of smaller numbers for my associated gear. The entire batch cost under $40.

Absolutely!
The key is to lay things out to use the entire width of the vinyl roll.
Besides appropriately colored and font letters for the trailer, dollies, etc, I have them make white vinyl dots which are useful to cover tailwheel axles and other access points.
They can also make "masks" for spray painting.
Jim
Old February 15th 16, 10:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Dave I also have them make white inspection cover vinyls to use inplace of the standard inspection covers on the 1-26, probably doesnt make a hoot of difference but it makes me feel like I am tuning up my bird lol.
Dan
Old February 16th 16, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Ditto, though I used carstickers.com

-Green D's & red U's to idiot-proof the undercarriage placarding
- Rego/CN stickers for my rigging equipment
- Reverse (mirror) cut rego for mounting on the inside of the rear quarter window of my tow vehicle; &
- After a little work in Illustrator, a large JS1 Evo silhouette for the top of my rear windshield. Oooh, dead sexy.... :P

CJ
Old February 21st 16, 03:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Take a look at doityourselflettering.com

--

Dan, 5J

I used them for some lettering and was impressed with their online tool to design it. The stuff arrived three days after I placed the order.
Uli
Old February 21st 16, 01:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, February 15, 2016 at 2:46:35 PM UTC-5, Dave Nadler wrote:
I need about a zillion different sized "YO" labels for all the dollies, tow contraptions, stands, stands for stands, rigging aids, fuel tanks, water tanks, and miscellaneous paraphernalia for the new glider. Can anybody recommend a good source of such labels?
Thanks,
See ya, Dave

Stickers or labels are a "band-aid"; they nick or pick or fall off. Better to have sign shop make negatives (stencils) and then spray paint with Rust-Oleum or equal.
Old February 21st 16, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

As far as vinyl numbers etc, i had a set on my pilatus for over 8 years with the ship sitting out on the ramp for most of that time, so I dont think you will have a problem if you get them high quality from a reputable sign maker. The only special care I employed was giving the numbers a little wax every now and then.
Old February 24th 16, 03:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Juanman

Home Depot has reflective labels in different sizes that are good for starters.

Labels [email protected] Soaring 4 January 3rd 16 08:46 AM
Wing assembly dollies Udo Soaring 1 December 2nd 10 02:51 AM
Trailer Wing Dollies available Papa3 Soaring 0 July 30th 08 05:23 PM
main wheel dollies, plans? [email protected] Soaring 1 July 18th 07 06:55 AM
Labels for cockpit? [email protected] Home Built 17 May 11th 04 07:12 AM