Oshkosh rumor about camping

Old July 20th 04, 01:54 PM
Jim Gardiner

Default Oshkosh rumor about camping

Reliability on this, is at best fair to unsubstantiated.....

The rumor is as follows:

Antique/classic/vintage/the guys south of the Communication Tower are not
letting any homebuilts camp in their camping area due to the fact Homebuilts
has a new camping area off the end of Papa 1.

Fact: there is absolutely not enough room in the Homebuilt camping area to
have all camping homebuilts in the new section.

If anyone knows more (facts about this, not speculation or heresay) please
respond.

Old July 20th 04, 06:36 PM
Russell Kent

"Jim Gardiner"
Reliability on this, is at best fair to unsubstantiated.....

The rumor is as follows:

Antique/classic/vintage/the guys south of the Communication Tower are not
letting any homebuilts camp in their camping area due to the fact

Homebuilts
has a new camping area off the end of Papa 1.

Fact: there is absolutely not enough room in the Homebuilt camping area to
have all camping homebuilts in the new section.

If anyone knows more (facts about this, not speculation or heresay) please
respond.

Here are some facts.

First, the Vintage newsletter mentions the new parking area for homebuilt
camping, and the expectation that there will be additional space in Vintage
because of the new area:
http://www.vintageaircraft.org/news/...VA%20News.html

Second, I've sent an email to a Vintage officer (Geoff Robison) and expect
to have the definitive answer later today. I'll post the answer here.

Russell Kent

Old July 20th 04, 07:35 PM
Russell Kent

I emailed Geoff Robison regarding the issue of homebuilt campers in the
Vintage area. Here is his response (I edited his email address and phone
number to make the spam bots work harder. --RKent)