Gweduck Flies!

Old February 20th 08, 07:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja

Default Gweduck Flies!

Homebuilt twin-engine composite amphibian had a "Spruce Goose moment" a week or
two ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHc5U7VPnmU

(BTW, for those who are wondering: It's a Pacific Northwest clam, pronounced
"Gooey Duck.")

http://www.gweduc.com/

Ron Wanttaja
Old February 20th 08, 01:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
William Hung[_2_]

On Feb 20, 2:14*am, Ron Wanttaja wrote:
Homebuilt twin-engine composite amphibian had a "Spruce Goose moment" a week or
two ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHc5U7VPnmU

(BTW, for those who are wondering: *It's a Pacific Northwest clam, pronounced
"Gooey Duck.")

http://www.gweduc.com/

Ron Wanttaja

O'sheenana,

That plane looks niiiiice. Clean lines even the engine nacelle looks
very clean. It even looks right at home on land with the tail gragger
gear.

The Gweduck huh? If and when one of these ever crashes, god forbid,
the term, "Gweduck" will take on its original Native American meaning,
"dig deep".

Wil

Old February 21st 08, 01:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

Ron Wanttaja wrote:
Homebuilt twin-engine composite amphibian had a "Spruce Goose moment" a week or
two ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHc5U7VPnmU

(BTW, for those who are wondering: It's a Pacific Northwest clam, pronounced
"Gooey Duck.")

http://www.gweduc.com/

Ron Wanttaja

It looks nice, but seems to sit rather low in the water. I wonder how
it would perform in choppy water with a full load.

Any idea what the cut out / indentation in the hull forward of the
main wheel well is for?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old February 21st 08, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"Dan" wrote

Any idea what the cut out / indentation in the hull forward of the main
wheel well is for?

I would lay money on it being something to do with the pattern of the spray,
perhaps to take the water pressure off the main gear location.
--
Jim in NC

Old February 21st 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Ron Wanttaja said:
(BTW, for those who are wondering: It's a Pacific Northwest clam, pronounced
"Gooey Duck.")

Isn't the clam usually spelt "geoduck"?

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
Did you know that "Gullible" is not in the dictionary?
Old February 21st 08, 03:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
William Hung[_2_]

On Feb 20, 8:53*pm, Dan wrote:
Ron Wanttaja wrote:
Homebuilt twin-engine composite amphibian had a "Spruce Goose moment" a week or
two ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHc5U7VPnmU

(BTW, for those who are wondering: *It's a Pacific Northwest clam, pronounced
"Gooey Duck.")

http://www.gweduc.com/

Ron Wanttaja

* *It looks nice, but seems to sit rather low in the water. I wonder how
it would perform in choppy water with a full load.

* *Any idea what the cut out / indentation in the hull forward of the
main wheel well is for?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

That caught my eyes as well and I came up with the same conclusion as
Jim Morgans.

Wil
Old February 21st 08, 05:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:57:14 -0800, John Ammeter
wrote:
Anthony W wrote:

Homebuilt twin-engine composite amphibian had a "Spruce Goose moment"
a week or two ago:

Where did they do the test flight? It reminds me of Young's Bay.

My guess is at Renton Field, south end of Lake Washington near Seattle.

John

Yup, John's right: The plane was built in the Ellison hangar on Renton Airport,
on Lake Washington. The seaplane ramp in the video is the same place Wiley Post
and Will Rogers left from, and where the Douglas World Cruisers got themselves
switched to float gear for the trip to Alaska.

Ron Wanttaja

Well, It flies! Doug Palmer Home Built 8 June 17th 07 04:58 PM
Elizabeth flies again, almost Michelle P Owning 5 October 9th 05 11:34 PM
Eclipse flies again! Mike Murdock Owning 0 January 1st 05 12:38 AM
Jet Sailplane Flies! Mhudson126 Soaring 10 January 5th 04 09:10 PM
C-119 flies again Ron Military Aviation 9 December 22nd 03 08:44 AM