fs2002 problem

Old June 13th 04, 04:52 AM
Roger Maskell

Default fs2002 problem

When trying to open fs2002 in past couple of days, I now get a message
saying that it has detected 3rd part software that may not be compatible
[nothing added since I loaded fs2002 a couple of years ago].
The problem appears to be File: traffic.dll and it gives me 2 options to
either load or ignore [yes or no]..both options have same affect which is to
log the opening screen of fs2002 off completely.
I have tried the fix which is suggested in Readme but that doesn't work
either.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the programme but still get the same
message when I try to open flight sim..
It also appears that ..traffic.dll..is a part of the M/Soft programme
anyway..!!!!!!!
Can anyone PLEASE suggest what I can try now..?????

Old June 13th 04, 06:29 AM
Carl Frisk

Known problem. There are two traffic.dll's both by MS. One belongs to the OS and has nothing to do with FS. The other
belongs to FS and has nothing to do with the OS. Some people have had luck with copying the traffic.dll from their
FS2002 Modules folder into their FS2002 folder. This probably won't work if you installed SP1 onto XP as SP1 has been
known to replace all the traffic.dll's it can find on your hard disk.

This should work in any event. Uninstall FS2002. Now open explorer in the FS2002 MODULES folder if it is still there.
Delete the traffic.dll you find there.

DO NOT delete the traffic.dll in your %WIN%\System32 folder. This traffic.dll sits on top of TCP/IP and is responsible
for directing QOS/RSVP network to the Packet Classifier and has nothing to do with FS but has a lot to do with QOS
enabled applications.

Reinstall FS2002. If that doesn't work let us know.

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

Old June 14th 04, 04:54 AM
Roger Maskell

Thanks Carl...as a newcomer to this could you please explain how I open
explorer in the FS2002 modules...
Cheers, Roger..

news

Old June 14th 04, 11:08 AM
Carl Frisk

Sure,
If you have a default install of FS2002, and I don't recall you mentioning your OS so I assumed XP.
Open explorer.exe (or My Computer). Copy and paste this into your address bar:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2002\MODULES

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.
- Horace, 20 B.C.
http://www.carlfrisk.com

"Roger Maskell" wrote in message u...
Thanks Carl...as a newcomer to this could you please explain how I open
explorer in the FS2002 modules...
Cheers, Roger..

news

Old June 15th 04, 04:43 AM
Roger Maskell

Thanks again...Did that but there was no traffic.dll there!!....Do I have
another option?. And yes, I have XP installed
Cheers, Roger

"Carl Frisk" wrote in message
Sure,
If you have a default install of FS2002, and I don't recall you mentioning

your OS so I assumed XP.
Open explorer.exe (or My Computer). Copy and paste this into your

address bar:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2002\MODULES

--
...Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.
- Horace, 20 B.C.
http://www.carlfrisk.com

"Roger Maskell" wrote in message

u...
Thanks Carl...as a newcomer to this could you please explain how I open
explorer in the FS2002 modules...
Cheers, Roger..

news

Old June 15th 04, 09:13 AM
Carl Frisk

Great you should now be able to do an install that will add the correct traffic.dll into your modules folder. Try
launching FS2002 after the clean install. If you still get the problem copy the .dll into your main folder (

"Carl Frisk" wrote in message
Sure,
If you have a default install of FS2002, and I don't recall you mentioning

your OS so I assumed XP.
Open explorer.exe (or My Computer). Copy and paste this into your

address bar:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2002\MODULES

--
...Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.
- Horace, 20 B.C.
http://www.carlfrisk.com

"Roger Maskell" wrote in message

u...
Thanks Carl...as a newcomer to this could you please explain how I open
explorer in the FS2002 modules...
Cheers, Roger..

news Known problem. There are two traffic.dll's both by MS. One belongs

Old June 15th 04, 09:42 AM
Carl Frisk

Another thing to check. Right click on your FS2002 Icon and look at properties. The startup folder should be
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2002. Once you get the correct traffic.dll installed into your modules folder moving
it to the FS2002 folder should correct the problem. It has for many others.

However SP1 on some installations has changed the search order for dll's to the system folders, then the application
folder. This was meant to be a security enhancement. If the above doesn't fix it then you will most likely have to
alter a registry setting to force windows to look in your current application path (FS2002) first. Before asking you to
do this I want to first explain the implications of changing the registry search order for dll's. See if the moving the
correct traffic.dll into the FS2002 folder works first.

GEM 1200 Problem Jim Kaufeld Owning 11 March 22nd 04 03:54 AM
FS2002 Compass Anomaly - PLEASE HELP GM EWA Simulators 0 January 13th 04 11:20 PM
fs2002 scenery problem pls help Costas Margetousakis Simulators 0 October 5th 03 09:32 AM
FS2002, Real world weather problem John431 Simulators 5 September 23rd 03 02:17 AM
Radio problem in FS2002 Scet Simulators 2 September 12th 03 10:19 AM