FS2004 patch

Old October 11th 04, 07:39 AM
Mike Kirkland

Default FS2004 patch

http://www.microsoft.com/games/fligh.../downloads.asp
Old October 12th 04, 11:37 PM
Randy Wentzel

Mike Kirkland wrote:

http://www.microsoft.com/games/fligh.../downloads.asp

I installed it a few days ago and haven't had any problems thus far.

WinXP SP2/500MB Ram/2.4Ghz P4/Intel PERL board

Best,

Randy
Old October 13th 04, 02:00 PM
Richard Russell

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:37:59 GMT, Randy Wentzel
wrote:

Mike Kirkland wrote:

http://www.microsoft.com/games/fligh.../downloads.asp

I installed it a few days ago and haven't had any problems thus far.

WinXP SP2/500MB Ram/2.4Ghz P4/Intel PERL board

Best,

Randy

I didn't know that MS was working on a patch. I believed the
conventional wisdom that said we are stuck with what we have until the
next version comes out.

[Begin cynical mode]
I noticed while reading about the patch that it will not work if you
are using the utility that allows you to run the program without the
cd in the drive. I would love to get those bridges back but I also
love the idea of not needing a cd in the drive. My copy is legal, in
fact I've owned every version of the program since the Artwick and
SubLogic days but I don't like having to put the disk in the drive.

My question is this; does anyone think the two are related? As bad as
MS is with producing patches, I tend to think that this is more of an
anti-piracy effort than a help out the user with a patch effort.
[End cynical mode]
Rich Russell
Old October 13th 04, 02:11 PM
Greasy Rider

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:00:54 -0400, Richard Russell
proclaimed:
wrote:

Mike Kirkland wrote:

[...]

In the Flight Sim.com forum I've heard experiences both good and bad
with the patch. Some had zero problems with the no cd patch while some
did. I could care less about bridges since I never fly under them or
use them for navigation. The "bridge" patch is simply that according
to the moderator. No performance gains.

Just my .02 cents.

Old October 13th 04, 04:56 PM
Gary G

Excellent! I fly out of Bay Bridge in Maryland - a good VFR
landmark used in instruction.
I was confused for a while!
Old October 16th 04, 04:46 PM
Dudley Henriques

"Gary G" wrote in message
Excellent! I fly out of Bay Bridge in Maryland - a good VFR
landmark used in instruction.
I was confused for a while!

Brings back memories!
I was an instructor at Essex Skypark for awhile back in the old days. It
was interesting going in there again in the sim and seeing everything as
it was, but flying down the bay with the bridge missing was
disappointing.
We used to fly down to Bay Bridge and pickup a load of crabs, then fly
them back to Lovett Airport in Elkton for the feast.
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Flight Instructor/Aerobatics/Retired

Old October 16th 04, 11:58 PM
Mr Digital

I downloaded & installed this patch ok, but when i launch FS2004 i get an
error message saying its the wrong version. I removed all third party add on
software folders & files as recomended but this made no difference. Am i
doing something wrong ??

Phil.

Old October 17th 04, 12:44 AM
Bob Cordone

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 23:58:00 +0100, "Mr Digital"
wrote:

I downloaded & installed this patch ok, but when i launch FS2004 i get an
error message saying its the wrong version. I removed all third party add on
software folders & files as recomended but this made no difference. Am i
doing something wrong ??

Phil.
"Mike Kirkland" wrote in message
.. .
http://www.microsoft.com/games/fligh.../downloads.asp

Did you download the latest version of FSUIPC as per the instructions
on the MSFS web site and install it in the FS9 directory?

Bob
Old October 17th 04, 12:37 PM
Mr Digital

Hi Bob, no, i didn't know about this. Where do i find this as FSUIPC then as
i can't see it on their website.

Phil.
wrote:

I downloaded & installed this patch ok, but when i launch FS2004 i get an
error message saying its the wrong version. I removed all third party add
on
software folders & files as recomended but this made no difference. Am i
doing something wrong ??

Phil.
. ..

Old October 19th 04, 05:57 AM
Bruce Mckown

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 12:37:12 +0100, "Mr Digital"
wrote:

Hi Bob, no, i didn't know about this. Where do i find this as FSUIPC then as
i can't see it on their website.

Problems with FSUIPC -
Software that relies on FSUIPC may have problems running after
installing the update. You can obtain the latest version of FSUIPC
from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html.

Please Post Link to the No CD Patch for FS2004 RobertS975 Simulators 2 October 30th 04 06:49 PM
9800 Pro & FS2004 Skyhawk Simulators 4 September 30th 04 09:37 PM
Disappointed with FS2004 Phiber Optik Simulators 5 October 12th 03 04:13 PM
Bridges in FS2004 Kevin Reilly Simulators 18 October 2nd 03 11:00 PM
FS2004 approaches, ATC etc henri Arsenault Simulators 14 September 27th 03 12:48 PM