MS FS Team Announces Survey

Old March 29th 05, 11:19 PM
Tom Allensworth

Default MS FS Team Announces Survey

See the front page announcement on AVSIM today. Just posted.

--
Best Regards,

Tom Allensworth
Publisher,
AVSIM Online
Flight Simulation's Premier Internet Resource!
-------------------------------------
http://www.avsim.com
email:
-------------------------------------
See the rankings of your favorite Sim
Web Sites:
http://www.avsim.com/pages/rank_complete.html

Old March 30th 05, 12:20 AM
William

"Tom Allensworth" wrote in message
k.net...
See the front page announcement on AVSIM today. Just posted.

--
Best Regards,

Tom Allensworth
Publisher,
AVSIM Online
Flight Simulation's Premier Internet Resource!
-------------------------------------
http://www.avsim.com
email:
-------------------------------------
See the rankings of your favorite Sim
Web Sites:
http://www.avsim.com/pages/rank_complete.html

Lets hope FS2006 runs better than he survey :-) Must be over loaded
Bill

Old March 30th 05, 06:20 AM
Arthur

Hmm........not sure I want anyone out there in cyberland watching me fly.
It's hard enough for ME to watch me fly. I'll pass.

Arthur

Old March 30th 05, 01:00 PM
stevej

Call me cynical, but I think MS might be looking at how many add-ons people
have installed and are using this information to evaluate if a 2006 version
is commercial viable. My view is nope it aint !

Steve

"me @ comcast" me @ comcast wrote in message
AGREED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old March 30th 05, 01:29 PM
Quilljar

stevej wrote:
Call me cynical, but I think MS might be looking at how many add-ons
people have installed and are using this information to evaluate if a
2006 version is commercial viable. My view is nope it aint !

Steve

Well you're cynical Steve! So there I've said it!

I think they are looking to get some idea of the type of customer base so
that they can concentrate on the most commercially viable improvements for
the next issue. I have been involved in market research and that is what I
would do. Personally, I have answered the questionaire because I welcome the
chance of some input direct however small.

Cheers,

Quilly

Old March 30th 05, 01:48 PM
Goran

FS9 is still very flawed. Some things I know for fact...Autopilot is
modelled on only 1 channel. Spoilers don't work on any aircraft as they
should, ATC needs a complete overhaul, Opening doors in flight still has no
effect on pressurisation or flight dynamics, I think you get the point.
MSFS is still a in it's formative years and needs a lot of work so this idea
from Microsoft is a pretty damn good one. I suggested once before in
another forum that Austin Meyer (X plane creator), Damian Clark and his team
from activesky, a few aircraft developers (PSS, PMDG, RFP) and the makers of
FDC should all get together and make a damn freaky realistic flight sim.

Old March 30th 05, 04:06 PM
Arthur

People already make simulator programs using the talent you
mentioned.....and if you're financially prosperous, you might be able to
afford one. Sorry I can't provide a name of one of these programs, but I'm
sure Google can.

Arthur

(SNIPPY)

Old March 30th 05, 04:24 PM
Dudley Henriques

Hi Quill;

You are exactly correct. MS sent this survey out to the beta team with
comments before releasing it to the public. It's simply a tool to determine
the type of sim activity favored by the end user so that MS can concentrate
on the areas of interest rather than going off in a direction that will
waste both their resources and the communities computer resources.
With a program as interest diversified as MSFS, they have to compromise with
where they want to go with it and are caught naturally between the market
base and average available computer resources available to the end user.
Dudley

Old March 31st 05, 05:01 AM
Drifter

Oh geez, we're sunk What do you want General Public?

Ans. Everything. and it has to run on a 286. And look like Top Gun,
and be less than $20 .. strike that .. be free for DL.

or

Ans. The most sinkingly, boring, over the top precise flight
simulator that is plug and play ready with a 6 DOF motion table, for
less than $50 with aboslutely zero bugs and compromises that I agree
with.

Obviously, this is hyperbole. I would prefer that the MSFS dev team
be active users in communities to get a real feel for the ebb and flow
of desires coupled with feed back from the support people to gauge
where the development dollars go rather than do polls. They should
have a design on where they want to go. Not put their finger in the
air and see which way the wind is blowing (today).

But, I did the poll. And if anyoneis listening I want better ATC, nav
aides, airport scenery and environments. Leave the flight models and
air plane models for the after market developers