Moler's Skycar Successfully Transitions From Vertical to HorizontalFlight

Old April 1st 05, 08:26 PM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Default Moler's Skycar Successfully Transitions From Vertical to HorizontalFlight

Well, to be technical about it was a picture I cut out of a magazine and
folded into a paper airplane. It flew rather nicelly.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old April 1st 05, 09:30 PM
Jim Carriere

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired wrote:
Well, to be technical about it was a picture I cut out of a magazine and
folded into a paper airplane. It flew rather nicelly.

Come on Dan, I thought April Fool's didn't count after noontime
Old April 1st 05, 09:44 PM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Jim Carriere wrote:
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired wrote:

Well, to be technical about it was a picture I cut out of a magazine
and folded into a paper airplane. It flew rather nicelly.

Come on Dan, I thought April Fool's didn't count after noontime

I don't get up until afternoon

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old April 3rd 05, 02:43 AM
Roger

Awhhhh come on...Why'd you take it down. It was a good topic for the
1st.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old April 3rd 05, 05:28 AM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Roger wrote:

Awhhhh come on...Why'd you take it down. It was a good topic for the
1st.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Who took what down?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old April 3rd 05, 04:40 PM
Roger

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 22:28:37 -0600, "Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired"
wrote:

Roger wrote:

Awhhhh come on...Why'd you take it down. It was a good topic for the
1st.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Who took what down?

The three previous posts come up as "no longer on server".
From your comment it sounds like it's a server problem (used by
charger) rather than the posts being taken down.

It sounded like a good topic for the date.

Old April 3rd 05, 09:33 PM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

wrote:

Roger wrote:

Awhhhh come on...Why'd you take it down. It was a good topic for the
1st.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Who took what down?

The three previous posts come up as "no longer on server".
From your comment it sounds like it's a server problem (used by
charger) rather than the posts being taken down.

It sounded like a good topic for the date.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

"Curiouser and curiouser," said Alice.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old April 4th 05, 02:49 AM
Harry K

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired wrote:
Well, to be technical about it was a picture I cut out of a magazine

and
folded into a paper airplane. It flew rather nicelly.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Levity aside, I am certain that the Moller air car -can- achieve
horizontal flight. At least for a short distance off a carriers
catapult.

Harry K

Old April 4th 05, 05:38 AM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Harry K wrote:

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired wrote:

Well, to be technical about it was a picture I cut out of a magazine

and

folded into a paper airplane. It flew rather nicelly.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Levity aside, I am certain that the Moller air car -can- achieve
horizontal flight. At least for a short distance off a carriers
catapult.

Harry K

OK, let's do that on the condition Moler flys it.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old April 5th 05, 01:45 AM
Kyle Boatright

"Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired" wrote in message
Well, to be technical about it was a picture I cut out of a magazine and
folded into a paper airplane. It flew rather nicelly.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

I had a lengthy e-mail discussion with the editor of a well known business
publication about the Skycar. Last fall, the magazine published an article
extolling the Skycar and how it will revolutionize travel. I took them to
task for publishing essentially the same story that has appeared in Popular
Science, Popular Mechanics, and every other marginally accurate publication
of that type over the last 30 years. I pointed out that, other than a
mock-up with a fancy red paint job, very little progress has been made over
40 years, and that we're still waiting on the Skycar's first flight. I also
noted that one downside of good press is that more and more people are
encouraged to invest their hard earned money in the same sinkhole that has
claimed $100,000,000 in the last 30-40 years.

Amazing that a seemingly reputable business magazine didn't do any more
behind the scenes research before publishing what was essentially a press
release for Moler...

KB