NACO charts

Old November 27th 05, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Default NACO charts

Thanks, Jim!

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
For those of us who subscribe to the NACO charts (government charts, vfr

or
ifr), you can now do it online directly with the National Aeronautical
Charting Office. Cheaper than subscriptions through other vendors because
the prices include delivery. http://www.naco.faa.gov/ no more phone
calls, faxes or emails required.

Jim

Old November 27th 05, 05:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

unless they have changed.. subscriptions run for one year.. and if you need
to add a chart of change a chart.. that is a new subscription.. can't modify
the "existing order"..

with commercial vendors you can...

you get what you pay for..

BT

Old November 28th 05, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

you get what you pay for..

Nothing could be further from the truth!

You often pay for far more than you get!

A higher price does not always get you more than a lower price.

vince norris
Old November 28th 05, 02:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

In article ,
vincent p. norris wrote:

you get what you pay for..

Nothing could be further from the truth!

You often pay for far more than you get!

A higher price does not always get you more than a lower price.

vince norris

And free does not always get you less than paying for something (especially
in software).
Old December 1st 05, 12:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

How is that different from AOPA? The only thing I didn't like about
AOPA was that they download you each chart as a pdf. However, I found
software to mege them into one pdf and therefor put two charts on a
paper and print them all at once.

-Robert

Old December 1st 05, 12:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

The only reason its "free" is because you, taxpayer, already paid for
it.

Old December 1st 05, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

On 11/30/2005 6:04 PM, Robert M. Gary wrote the following:
How is that different from AOPA? The only thing I didn't like about
AOPA was that they download you each chart as a pdf. However, I found
software to mege them into one pdf and therefor put two charts on a
paper and print them all at once.

-Robert

Actually there is now (possibly temporarily) some very good,
free, software to get and manage plates:

http://www.cmensys.com/trippack/

The author posted a link here a few weeks ago but has been
doing quite a bit of upgrading and debugging since. I am
now using it instead of SmartPlates, which I also have.
Trip Pack is smaller and faster than SmartPlates and it does
a clearer job rendering the plates for my printer.

You can print two-up plates directly from the app.
Supplement it with FinePrint (www.fineprint.com) and you can
print your own booklet containing whatever plates you want.
Add the $20 Jepp (aka "Classic") punch from
franklincovey.com and you are in the plates publishing business.
Old December 1st 05, 12:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

:
: -Robert

: Actually there is now (possibly temporarily) some very good,
: free, software to get and manage plates:

: http://www.cmensys.com/trippack/

It doesn't look free... there's a demo available... perhaps that's what you
mean.

It also looks like it's Winders-only. Doesn't help me.

Since we, as taxpayers, have already paid to produce this information,
I think there should be a means of providing it en-masse. With bittorrents all the
rage these days, bandwidth to mirror that data isn't that big of a deal. If anyone
knows of place to download the whole mess, I'd be glad to hear about it.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss *

Old December 1st 05, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

I'm not talking about a downloadable chart or pdf I'm talking about paper
chart subscriptions that you get in the mail. NACO used to make you either
call, fax, or mail your subscription order to them... OR you could buy them
through a vendor. Now you can buy the charts and chart subscriptions
through an online interface.

Jim

oups.com...

NACO charts Michael Ware Piloting 13 December 1st 05 10:10 PM
NACO charts Michael Ware Owning 12 December 1st 05 10:10 PM
Jep p or NACO Charts? Judah Instrument Flight Rules 66 December 9th 04 03:34 AM
how to get NACO online charts conveniently? Dave Butler Instrument Flight Rules 41 June 16th 04 03:14 PM
NACO charts - why have a reference circle? Bob Gardner Instrument Flight Rules 5 September 6th 03 01:15 PM