Survival Rifle III

Old December 7th 08, 08:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

Default Survival Rifle III

wrote

If your still "in training" since 1945, One Stroke, 1 or 7 clicks of
the lever is correct.....

Most of the daisy bb guns around me, had a spring, and only one cock had it
ready to go, as it ever would be.

Now, if you wanted a "real" BB gun, you got a Crossman (sp?) 760, and give
it about ten strokes. Ummm!

I still have mine, from about 1971, and it still will work, if I oiled up
the piston seals, I quite sure!
--
Jim in NC

Old December 7th 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

-------------
Most of the daisy bb guns around me, had a spring, and only one cock had
it ready to go, as it ever would be.

Now, if you wanted a "real" BB gun, you got a Crossman (sp?) 760, and
give it about ten strokes. Ummm!

I still have mine, from about 1971, and it still will work, if I oiled up
the piston seals, I quite sure!
--
Jim in NC

My experience was the same--except that I never got to try a "real" one.

Peter

Old December 8th 08, 12:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"Peter Dohm" wrote

My experience was the same--except that I never got to try a "real" one.

They were powerful. With a lead pellet, and about 60 to 70 feet away, you
could bring down a full grown squirrel.

You could also imbed a bb in the tip of your finger, with just two pumps, if
you held your finger over the end of the barrel and pulled the trigger,
thinking the chamber was empty.

You will have to try and find someone to ask, who knows that is true,
though. "I" would never do such a dumb thing. g
--
Jim in NC

Old December 8th 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Monk

On Dec 7, 3:52*pm, "Morgans" wrote:
wrote

If your still "in training" since 1945, One Stroke, 1 or 7 clicks of
the lever is correct.....

Most of the daisy bb guns around me, had a spring, and only one cock had it
ready to go, as it ever would be.

Now, if you wanted a "real" *BB gun, you got a Crossman (sp?) 760, and give
it about ten strokes. *Ummm!

I still have mine, from about 1971, and it still will work, if I oiled up
the piston seals, I quite sure!
--
Jim in NC

I had one of those, a Crossman 760 at one time. I also had a Daisy
Powerline pellet rifle in .22 caliber. Great for rabbits and
squirels. My friends and I used to drop in a drop of karosene into
the back of the pellet. The theory was that we got a bigger bang from
Diesel effect.

Monk
Old December 8th 08, 06:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Tech Support

Anyone read Drudge today about the gun question being ask in the
questons of those being vetted???

Big brother has arrived and ur guns are gone.

Just looked to post here and they have pulled it. If someone finds go
ahead and post for all.

Big John

****************************

On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 13:18:18 -0600, Dave S
wrote:

Thank you, no..

I will keep my Glock.. and perhaps my mini 14..

wrote:
"I read your posts about a survival rifle and lemme tell you, you just
don't understand the modern Ami-rican mind. What you want is THIS
(shows me a rusty 'Daisy' 'Red Ryder' BB gun). Now this here's a BB
gun. If you lived in the right part of Ami-rica during the right TIME
to be living there, then you had one of these. (Pats the stock.) But
nowadayz if you got one of these you wouldn't BELIEVE all the ****
that comes down. So just stick one of these in your plane some
place. I keep this one wired to the main-spar but you can put it just
about any wheres. Then you make sure that IF you ever go down off the
grid that the FIRST thing they say about it is that your family and
friends aren't worried because you've got a BB GUN on board!

Now, as soon as all them bleeding hearts see that in the papers and
hear it on the TV, they'll clutch their chests and stagger to the bar
whilst whipping out their cell phones and hitting '3' which is the
speed-dial for their Congressman, the same one they've bribed all
these years with all that 'political contribution' bull pucky crap,
cuz as everbody KNOWS, a BB gun is the first step on that slippery
slope to voting a straight Republicant ticket.

And surer than God mad little green apples, you'll barely have time to
shake the aruminum outten your hair when two deputies and an insane
German Shepard -- and I MEAN a shepard, not a dog -- will come driving
up and slap the cuffs on you and say real nasty-like, "We hear you got
a BB GUN in that there aeroplane of yours."

Old December 8th 08, 06:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jim Logajan

Tech Support wrote:
Anyone read Drudge today about the gun question being ask in the
questons of those being vetted???

Old news (older than you think - not the first administration to ask
politically charged questions) and probably misinformed news. Not sure who
this Drudge is - sounds more like Pokey.

Big brother has arrived and ur guns are gone.

More old news (the Big Brother part, anyway.) Stop the pointless worrying
about your guns - they're safe! See:
http://www.law.ucla.edu/volokh/beararms/statecon.htm

(I have that link bookmarked under my "Human Rights" folder. I wonder how
many people have an equivalent folder under their browser bookmarks? I
think I need to clean it up, though, as I have collected some oddities in
it, such as:
http://jeromekahn123.tripod.com/logicalthreads/id6.html
http://www.retirementliving.com/RLtaxes.html
)

Now start worrying about your right to fly! The biggest threat to it formed
under the current administration.

Just looked to post here and they have pulled it. If someone finds go
ahead and post for all.

Has nothing to do with homebuilt aviation, but I'm cool with it.

Big John

Take 150 mg of Irvingia twice a day and in a few months you could probably
drop the "Big" part of your name. 'Course if its an inverted honorific
(e.g. calling a 7 foot man "Shorty" or "Tiny") then forget I mentioned the
substance.
Old December 8th 08, 08:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Fred the Red Shirt

On Dec 6, 7:32*pm, "Flash" wrote:
And Bobbie-Boy, you listen here --- no way is that thing gonna be wired to
anyplace, - maybe dict-taped, fixed for firing forward,

Ouch! No thanks man, I'd rather attach mine to the airplane.

--

FF

Old December 9th 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
flash

"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message
On Dec 6, 7:32 pm, "Flash" wrote:
And Bobbie-Boy, you listen here --- no way is that thing gonna be wired to
anyplace, - maybe dict-taped, fixed for firing forward,

Ouch! No thanks man, I'd rather attach mine to the airplane.

--

FF

Funny, that. Just such a small, innocent typo, with such extended
ramifications.

Flash

Old December 9th 08, 10:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"Flash" wrote

Funny, that. Just such a small, innocent typo, with such extended
ramifications.

"Hard" to read it any other way, with the visual picture of it read, loaded,
and pointing forward, waiting for action, isn't it?

I agree, though. Tape is not one thing I would ever want to use, to fasten
it in place! g
--
Jim in NC

Old December 9th 08, 11:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Maxwell[_2_]

"Morgans" wrote in message

| "Flash" wrote
|
| Funny, that. Just such a small, innocent typo, with such extended
| ramifications.
|
| "Hard" to read it any other way, with the visual picture of it read,
loaded,
| and pointing forward, waiting for action, isn't it?
|
| I agree, though. Tape is not one thing I would ever want to use, to
fasten
| it in place! g
| --
| Jim in NC

Remember the old "cap gun" belt buckles?

You flex your stomach to expand your belt, and the mini cap gun would swing
out and fire.

I got one for Christmas about 50 years ago.

I think it was a promo for a tv show.