K6 BT Bluetooth adapter opinions

Old November 30th 17, 10:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark W

Default K6 BT Bluetooth adapter opinions

Hi all,

Does anyone have first hand experience of using a K6 BT adapter (http://www.k6-team.de/index.php?a=165) with a vario such as a Cambridge 302 and nav software like XCSoar?

I'm wondering if there is a noticeable benefit to using the vario's data streams versus a nav device's inbuilt sensors?

I have noticed that my android device's GPS and altitude readings can be a little coarse and of course, there's no total energy variometer inside my Galaxy S8.

Thanks

Old November 30th 17, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I've used that exact setup in the past and, yes, it's worth it! When I
lose lock on my vario's GPS, the Android simply switches over to the
internal GPS.Â* I liked the K6-BT so much that I've continued using it as
I upgraded the soaring instruments.Â* I now use ClearNav vario and
display in my Stemme, but kept two K6s so that my Android on the right
side of the cockpit receives airspeed, position, and Flarm data.

Note that there are other serial to Bluetooth solutions out there at
significantly lower prices.

--
Dan, 5J
Old November 30th 17, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

As Dan, I also used K6BT with 302 and xcsoar running on dell streak, and later upgraded to CNv successfully. It worked flawlessly, more reliably than my car Bluetooth.
Now I am using LX9000 and V80 in my new glider so have no use for it and can be talked into selling it.
And while we at it, I also have a 302 I may consider selling.

Ramy
Old November 30th 17, 09:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark W

Thanks everyone. Useful information here. Ramy, where are you located?
Old December 1st 17, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 12:05:30 PM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
As Dan, I also used K6BT with 302 and xcsoar running on dell streak, and later upgraded to CNv successfully. It worked flawlessly, more reliably than my car Bluetooth.
Now I am using LX9000 and V80 in my new glider so have no use for it and can be talked into selling it.
And while we at it, I also have a 302 I may consider selling.

Ramy

Hi Ramy,
I might be interested in the K6BT if you still have it.

Frank
Old December 1st 17, 05:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

I am in California. If interested in my K6BT and/or 302 please email me with an offer. Ryanetz at yahoo.

Ramy
Old December 1st 17, 05:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

forgot to mention that 302 and CNv cables are included as well.

Ramy
Old December 1st 17, 03:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark W

On Friday, 1 December 2017 05:20:55 UTC, Ramy wrote:
forgot to mention that 302 and CNv cables are included as well.

Ramy

I'm in the UK Ramy so probably doesn't make financial sense to ship here. Hopefully someone else can take it off your hands.
Old December 2nd 17, 05:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dale Watkins[_2_]

I would be interested but have no idea how's much to offer.

Dale

ZEN1960 at live dot com

PDA w/ Bluetooth GPS Ken Kochanski (KK) Soaring 9 June 13th 09 04:34 AM
Sell:Brass Male Adapter,Swivel Female Adapter,Flare Adapter,Tee,Connector,Barbed Tee,Elbow,, valvetom Piloting 0 November 28th 06 02:32 AM
Bluetooth [email protected] Home Built 1 August 31st 05 12:40 AM
Bluetooth headsets? Jim N. Piloting 9 July 24th 05 08:03 PM
Bluetooth. Stan Kochanowski Soaring 2 March 24th 05 04:31 PM