"Glider Warming" gift suggestions

Old January 5th 10, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy

Default "Glider Warming" gift suggestions

Recently, a club member got a new (to him) glider. I thought it would
be nice to put together a few useful items to give him as a "Glider
Warming" gift. Here's what I have so far:

MKIV yaw string
3M General Adhesive Cleaner
Bowlus wing gap tape

Any other ideas for small 'nice to have' items??

Thanks
Old January 5th 10, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
cfinn

On Jan 5, 12:28*pm, Uncle Fuzzy wrote:
Recently, a club member got a new (to him) glider. I thought it would
be nice to put together a few useful items to give him as a "Glider
Warming" gift. Here's what I have so far:

MKIV yaw string
3M General Adhesive Cleaner
Bowlus wing gap tape

Any other ideas for small 'nice to have' items??

Thanks

A can of Rapid Lift!
Old January 5th 10, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

a tube or two of white lithium grease
a subscription to Gliding International Magazine
bottle of champagne (make sure he shares it)
Old January 5th 10, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Jan 5, 12:07*pm, Tuno wrote:
a tube or two of white lithium grease
a subscription to Gliding International Magazine
bottle of champagne (make sure he shares it)

Canopy cleaner with proper microfiber cloth or whatever to keep it
scratch free
A pack of Sham-Wows for drying the glider after bathtime.
Old January 5th 10, 08:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_2_]

On Jan 5, 2:18*pm, Tony wrote:
On Jan 5, 12:07*pm, Tuno wrote:

a tube or two of white lithium grease
a subscription to Gliding International Magazine
bottle of champagne (make sure he shares it)

Canopy cleaner with proper microfiber cloth or whatever to keep it
scratch free
A pack of Sham-Wows for drying the glider after bathtime.

http://www.amazon.com/Nu-Finish-Liqu.../dp/B000BPSW7C for
the trailer

http://www.skygeek.com/sp-pl16.html for the canopy

-T8

Old January 5th 10, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Surfer!

In message
,
Uncle Fuzzy writes
Recently, a club member got a new (to him) glider. I thought it would
be nice to put together a few useful items to give him as a "Glider
Warming" gift. Here's what I have so far:

MKIV yaw string
3M General Adhesive Cleaner
Bowlus wing gap tape

Any other ideas for small 'nice to have' items??

Thanks

Pee bags?

--
Surfer!
Old January 6th 10, 12:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

I looked at the EXP Op Limits and there's no mention of a current
manual, so at least he doesn't need 245 Euros.
Jim
Old January 6th 10, 01:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Jan 5, 12:28*pm, Uncle Fuzzy wrote:
Recently, a club member got a new (to him) glider. I thought it would
be nice to put together a few useful items to give him as a "Glider
Warming" gift. Here's what I have so far:

MKIV yaw string
3M General Adhesive Cleaner
Bowlus wing gap tape

Any other ideas for small 'nice to have' items??

Thanks

A copy of the classic Ed Kilbourne song:
"Honey, I need a new glider..."

See ya, Dave "YO electric"
Old January 6th 10, 01:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_2_]

On Jan 5, 9:28*am, Uncle Fuzzy wrote:
Recently, a club member got a new (to him) glider. I thought it would
be nice to put together a few useful items to give him as a "Glider
Warming" gift. Here's what I have so far:

MKIV yaw string
3M General Adhesive Cleaner
Bowlus wing gap tape

Any other ideas for small 'nice to have' items??

Thanks

MKIV . . . excellent choice (but I'm biased, of course). Also the QV
(Quiet Vent) is an inexpensive glider improvement (just $6) that
reduces noise by 10 dba from the side window flip-out vent. As I
mentioned to you in a PM, I'm sending you a free QV and MKIV to cover
a previous warranty issue. Thanks for being one of my customers!

bumper
zz
MKIV & QV
Minden, NV