Osceola, Wisconsin Glider Operation?

Old January 17th 04, 12:39 PM
Scott

Default Osceola, Wisconsin Glider Operation?

I'm looking for a place to get soaring instruction and I see the glider
symbol on the airchart near Osceola, WI. Does anybody know if they have a
commercial operation there (if so, any contact info?) or is it just some
local glider owners?

Thanks!

--
Scott
Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Old January 17th 04, 12:51 PM
Burt Compton

Can't answer your question specifically but look closely at that glider symbol
on your aero chart: If it has a G it indicates glider "activity". H indicates
hang gliders and U indicates ultralight "activity".

For a list of US glider clubs and commercial sites, go to www.SSA.ORG
Click on "Where to Fly" and then the state.

Note that just across the St. Croix river from Osceola, WI is Minnesota. You
can soar north of White Bear Lake with the Red Wing Soaring Club. There is
also a club at Stanton, MN and a commercial operation at Faribault. MN.

Good Luck! Let me know if I can assist further.

Burt Compton
Marfa, Texas
www.flygliders.com
Old January 17th 04, 03:56 PM
JC

"Scott" wrote:

Osceola, Wisconsin Glider Operation

Yes, Lea Bradshaw runs an operation there. I have emailed you contact
information along with other gliding clubs and commercial operations
in the vicinity.
Old January 17th 04, 06:46 PM
Burt Compton

Osceola, Wisconsin Glider Operation
Yes, Lea Bradshaw runs an operation there.

Is this a soaring operation that is not listed on the SSA website - "Where To
Fly" page? Could it be that he has not sent in his info to SSA HQ to be
listed? Could it be that he is not a member of the SSA? Let's invite him to
participate or join!

Old January 19th 04, 07:46 PM
Paul Remde

JC is correct that Mr. Bradshaw has run an operation from the Osceola
Airport. There is a minor typo below - his name is Lee, not Lea. He owns a
Husky and a Grob 103. He was my first soaring instructor. I'm not sure
whether he is still active.

Paul Remde