Ely Soaring Vid

Old September 15th 05, 02:17 AM
Kilo Charlie

Default Ely Soaring Vid

Our webmaster may spank me for putting this here since the risk of crashing
the website is always present with lots of folks trying to access it (you
out there Tuno???) but I produced a 4 minute video of some soaring at Ely,
NV if anyone is interested. The link is:

http://www.asa-soaring.org/documents/elynet.wmv

It needs lots of work and is my first attempt but hope that it captures a
bit of the magic that Ely has to offer.

Casey Lenox
KC
Phoenix

Old September 15th 05, 03:48 AM
Paul Remde

Hi Casey,

Cool. Good video, good song.

Paul Remde

newsY3We.79467$DW1.61043@fed1read06...

Old September 15th 05, 04:54 PM

Tuno is lost in his garage putting his new glider back together. (He
learned the hard way that the seat pan has to go back in *before* the
seat back. Hack hack hack ...)

The ASA web server has been performing well of late, but to be safe
he's going to put a copy of the video on the world's second finest air
sports web page, www.omniskore.com, which handles high demand very
well. Look for the link here later.

For Tuno,

2NO

Old September 16th 05, 01:33 AM

Mirror download at http://www.omniskore.com/stuff/elynet.wmv -- if the
upload ever finishes; I hope the downloads are a lot faster!!!

2NO

Old September 16th 05, 04:36 PM
MickiMinner

KC, if that was your FIRST attempt, I can't wait for more! Great video
and music. I like Coldplay anyway, and it was perfect for this
particular video. Can you guys start soaring everywhere and produce
video's? I would love to see a video like that of Torrey Pines, and
maybe one at Eagle Field in Pennsylvannia...ok with you Karl?
WOW...thanks!

Old September 17th 05, 04:06 AM
Kilo Charlie

"MickiMinner" wrote in message
oups.com...
KC, if that was your FIRST attempt, I can't wait for more! Great video
and music. I like Coldplay anyway, and it was perfect for this
particular video. Can you guys start soaring everywhere and produce
video's? I would love to see a video like that of Torrey Pines, and
maybe one at Eagle Field in Pennsylvannia...ok with you Karl?
WOW...thanks!

Thanks to all for the positive feedback. I'm having lots of fun trying to
play with it all and figure out ways to make the sport look like the great
amount of fun it truly is. Karl already was kind enough to allow one film
of him flying but the ridge idea is a super one.....would give great
perspective of going fast. Juan Mandlebaum of Fine Week of Soaring fame
gave me some advice on getting the right camera.

The whole setup is so much easier now with small lipstick cameras and along
with a wireless link to the main camera that is in the cockpit means that it
can go just about anywhere. The film above was all from inside the
cockpit.....the one outside view was me holding the camera in my freezing
hand sticking out the vent window at 17K. The outside stuff hopefully will
be even cooler! Now if I can just remember to make sure the autofocus is
on!

Casey

Old September 17th 05, 06:06 PM
Oscar S Alonso

Excellent! Well done!.

Old September 20th 05, 04:48 PM
Bob Greenblatt

Great job Casey.

--
Bob
bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom --fix this before responding