Your fancy schmancy dream machine

Old August 5th 03, 01:39 AM
Barnyard BOb --

Ernest Christley wrote:

Barnyard BOb -- wrote:

Smart ass punk, Ernest Christley...

If 50 years of flight, all my ratings and many thousands of
hours make me a snot nosed ****er, where do you think
that places you in the food chain?

I was waiting for you to reply with that, Bob. Such a predictable fish.

Thank you for the compliment, foolish one.
Being a predictable 'fish' is what I have strived for all my life.
Anything less would fit your adolescent 'suit'.

Where the hell do you think you are?

I'm here in RAH with 50 years of aviation experience
and knowledge... attempting to keep you from killing yourself.

There is no food chain. There's
just you and me, and we just disagree.

No ****, Sherlock.
Shows that you're at greater risk than first thought.
What kind of flowers do you like?

Barnyard BOb --

Old August 5th 03, 02:49 PM
Barnyard BOb --

Ernest Christley wrote:

Smart ass punk, Ernest Christley...

If 50 years of flight, all my ratings and many thousands of
hours make me a snot nosed ****er, where do you think
that places you in the food chain?

I was waiting for you to reply with that, Bob. Such a predictable fish.

Straight out of college, I started with a Fortune 100 that will rename
nameless, except to say that they built business machnines
internationally. All smart, green and full of vigor. Got put on the
leading feature for the next release.

Straight out of college with a Fortune 50 company, my son from
one of the nation's most prestigious engineering colleges was
an accident going somewhere to happen with his PPL. All it
took was a moonless hazy night over the Everglades and he was
well on his way to playing lawn dart, like Value Jet, in that swamp.
As good fortune would have it, I was along for the ride. I made
a difference. He would have been as dead as JFK, Jr and his
passengers - without a doubt. His membership in MENSA was
not about to save his youthful, cocky, brilliant, inexperienced ass.

What that young man came away with in that one experience
was respect. Something you have yet to learn. Gone is his
contempt and cockiness. He now has his Commercial,
Instrument, multi-engine, CFI rating, TWO Masters degrees
and several patents with his Fortune 50 company....yet when
it comes to GA flying , guess who he still consults?

Your contempt is your worst enemy and it can kill you as surely
as any brilliant surgeon that has gotten in over his head playing
God in his Bonanza.

Not to get to technical with something other than aviation, but this
product depended upon a hash table as a central data repository.

Who gives a rat's ass? All it appears to be worth here, is generating
deadly contempt between your very green ears that will at some
point get you snuffed! Wake up and get a clue!!!!

A hash
table is a data structure that is designed to make storing and finding
sparse data fast and efficient. You take the data you want to store,
'hash' it to get a value, and use that value as an index into a table
where the data will go. The central element here is speed. The system
was limited by the speed of the hash table, and the speed of the hash
table is limited in many ways by the efficiency of the hashing algorithm.

And what does this have to do with surviving as test pilot in a one of
a kind computer designed potential coffin?

My team started to base our hash table off of one used in the product
the we were extending. I took a close look at the hashing algorithm
used, and it was based on an even earlier product. But the earlier
product was a totally different beast that had only a cursory simularity
to what we were working on. Did I mention that hashing algorithms
should be application specific? For our application, the proposed
solution was dog slow.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
Christ, not only are you are as lame as they come in RAH...
nobody is more full of themselves than you.

All that to say, 50 years of sniffing pesticides while just barely
managing to not get decapitated by a powerline doesn't necessarily mean
that you have all the answers. In fact, it doesn't mean that you
necessarily have ANY answers. From what you post here, I'd have to
assume that it means little more than that you're a trained monkey who
knows little more than how to handle his own stick.

Talk about a 'predictable fish'. g
You are the mutha of al trophies...
and a spoiled brat, regardless of your chronological age.

FWIW...
I'm not here to post a resume. I will just say that my training
extends far beyond crop dusting. However, your resume has
made a buffoon of u and very much a 'fish' out of water,
if you want to relate it to airplane training and experience.

What do you add to the conversation? How have you advanced the state of
aviation? Have you ever tried an experiment to improve an airplane's
performance? Did you document what you did and what your results were?
If you did experiment, how do you justify departing from the safe
status quo, and more importantly how did you avoid becoming a statistic?
If not why are you such a blow hard dragging down our discussions with
your chicken little, "You're gonna die" dead weight?

LIke I initially stated -- You're a smart ass
and an accident going somewhere to happen.
Unless you get very lucky like my son did....
you're a dead man walking.
Mark my word.

The last word.is yours.
I don't suffer mouthy fools like you for long.

Barnyard BOb - 50 years of flight
Old August 5th 03, 06:21 PM
Bill Taylor

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 18:25:51 GMT, Ernest Christley
wrote:

Some of you snot nosed ****ers are so full of yourselves.

I must say, of all the posters in this thread, you seem the most "snot
nosed and full of yourself".

Anyone with above average intelligence can design a build a plane with the right
attitude.

One need only look to the early ultralight years to see the carnage
wrought by the designs of those of "above average intelligence" who
*thought* they had the "right attitude". Many of those designers
lacked experience with time proven airplane designs and building
techniques.

Go build your Delta Dyke, Ernest, and stop bull ****ting about
"advancing the state of aviation" - something of which you clearly
haven't a clue. The original poster suggested that you dreamers
build, fly, and maintain a time proven design first, that's all. If
after that you still want to design and build your dream machine then
have at it. You may still kill yourself in the process but your
chances of building something that doesn't kill you will be better
than if you hadn't built that first time proven design. A simple
concept but, apparently, not simple enough for some.

Old August 5th 03, 07:45 PM
OldCop

Woof, Woof, was all the olddog could mutter. It seems he was comfortable on
the the porch even if the letters on the mat were well worn. But, he felt
safe there watching as all the big dogs growled and snapped at each other in
playful glee on the busy street.

He knew his place,

Woof, Woof

OldCop

Old August 6th 03, 12:25 AM
Barnyard BOb --

Bob,

Why are you letting yourself get so worked up over that ****? We are
getting to the age when we need to evaluate the risk of stroke, etc.

You are still my hero.

O-ring

Shucks, O-ring....
Being a hero to a man of your stature stresses me out
far more than any of this lightweight wannabee crap.

P.S.
Did you fly that gorgeous C-310 to OSH this year?

Barnyard BOb - 50 years of flight
Old August 6th 03, 02:09 AM
B2431

Del Rawlins wrote in message
Two minivans? Man, you really do have problems. That is just sick.

I know, I know. Even worse, my house in the suburbs has a picket
fence. Not a white picket fence - low-maintenance cedar - but it's a
picket fence nonetheless. No dog or cat - allergies - but we make up
for it by having 4 kids. As the song says, who woulda thunk it? In
my defense, my lawn looks really lousy.

Two minivans is the wife's idea. One is fine by me - personally, I
want a pickup as a second vehicle. But the notion of having two
vehicles that the whole fandamly can fit in does make some sense - if
the one (current) van goes down, somebody has to stay home. My wife
doesn't fly, but she does understand redundancy. ;-D

Lawn flamingoes or gnomes?

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired
Old August 6th 03, 02:43 AM
Roger Halstead

On 5 Aug 2003 11:29:02 -0700, (Corrie) wrote:

Del Rawlins wrote in message
Two minivans? Man, you really do have problems. That is just sick.

I know, I know. Even worse, my house in the suburbs has a picket
fence. Not a white picket fence - low-maintenance cedar - but it's a
picket fence nonetheless. No dog or cat - allergies - but we make up
for it by having 4 kids. As the song says, who woulda thunk it? In
my defense, my lawn looks really lousy.

Two minivans is the wife's idea. One is fine by me - personally, I
want a pickup as a second vehicle. But the notion of having two

For me an SUV works out better than the truck. Course any thing I
drive, including the Transam gets used like a truck. I used to haul a
bundle of 10 foot lengths of steel conduit in the TA and actually get
the hatch shut. 4 X 8 foot sheets of plywood and I couldn't quite
get the hatch closed...close, but not quite.

With the 4-Runner I can slip a K1-A5 300 HP Lycombing right in back
with room to spare. (I have a plastic liner for the back)

What you need in place of the truck is one of those huge SUVs in the
"Snickers" candy bar add. :-)) Then you can tell her the whole
family, the neighbors, and the local soccer team can ride in it...all
at the same time. I mean, if you got 4 kids then they are going to
have to show up at some kind of sports event all at the same time, on
opposite sides of town. Better get a spare SUV and Pickup.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

Old August 6th 03, 03:18 AM
Del Rawlins

On 05 Aug 2003 05:43 PM, Roger Halstead posted the following:
On 5 Aug 2003 11:29:02 -0700, (Corrie) wrote:

Two minivans is the wife's idea. One is fine by me - personally, I
want a pickup as a second vehicle. But the notion of having two

For me an SUV works out better than the truck. Course any thing I
drive, including the Transam gets used like a truck. I used to haul a
bundle of 10 foot lengths of steel conduit in the TA and actually get
the hatch shut. 4 X 8 foot sheets of plywood and I couldn't quite
get the hatch closed...close, but not quite.

With the 4-Runner I can slip a K1-A5 300 HP Lycombing right in back
with room to spare. (I have a plastic liner for the back)

Though we don't have any kids (yet), my solution was to recondition my
old '73 3/4 ton pickup (which my dad bought new). It will tow or haul
just about anything I need moved, and allows me to have a nice Jeep (but
honey, it's a 4 passenger vehicle...) as my daily transportation. The
truck rebuild did cost more than I would have liked (mostly cosmetic
work), but I'm still financially ahead of where I would have been had I
bought a 3/4 ton, extended cab pickup. And instead of driving that
monstrosity around everywhere, I have a lot of fun with my Jeep. Wife
drives a 4 door Subaru (which may yet lose its engine for a "higher"
purpose).

Del Rawlins-

Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/
Old August 6th 03, 03:25 AM
pac plyer

"OldCop" wrote

Woof, Woof, was all the olddog could mutter. It seems he was comfortable on
the the porch even if the letters on the mat were well worn. But, he felt
safe there watching as all the big dogs growled and snapped at each other in
playful glee on the busy street.

He knew his place,

Woof, Woof

OldCop

Pac sez:

Major, you would have made a great cargo dog. :-) Good luck on you project.

pacplyer
Old August 6th 03, 03:51 AM
Ernest Christley

wrote:

Some of you snot nosed ****ers are so full of yourselves.

I must say, of all the posters in this thread, you seem the most "snot
nosed and full of yourself".

Anyone with above average intelligence can design a build a plane with the right
attitude.

One need only look to the early ultralight years to see the carnage
wrought by the designs of those of "above average intelligence" who
*thought* they had the "right attitude". Many of those designers
lacked experience with time proven airplane designs and building
techniques.

Were they asking questions and running careful experiments? Or were
they throwing a bed sheet over some bamboo and yelling, "Heh, Bubba,
watch what the FAA says I can do!"

Go build your Delta Dyke, Ernest, and stop bull ****ting about
"advancing the state of aviation" - something of which you clearly
haven't a clue. The original poster suggested that you dreamers
build, fly, and maintain a time proven design first, that's all. If
after that you still want to design and build your dream machine then
have at it. You may still kill yourself in the process but your
chances of building something that doesn't kill you will be better
than if you hadn't built that first time proven design. A simple
concept but, apparently, not simple enough for some.

So you would set a poll tax upon asking questions here in RAH? What if
the plans for that time proven design aren't complete? How long must I
to fly that time proven design before I can ask questions? And just how
many accident reports list asking questions in RAH as a contributing cause?

It is a simple concept. Learning before doing. But is building a plane
the only way to learn how to build a plane?

I've learned a hundred things from post on this group that sprung from
some newbie asking a 'dream' question. Things that have improved my
Delta. Some things were completely new information. Some things were
just a better way of looking at the same old stuff. Often a simple
question has lead to a warning to do/not do something that I may have
been completely oblivious to. Why should I stop asking, learning or
experimenting just because I haven't built an airplane? Why should I do
anything that would chill anyone else's desire to do the same? Why
should I stop doing the one thing that seperates humans from trained
monkeys? Especially when one question can lead to saving hours in
building (because I don't have to redo something).

Because it's dangerous? Isn't that the point of experimenting, BEFORE
you fly it? Even then, isn't it better than sitting in your own
excrement until the nurse comes while you wait to die at the end of a
boring life. (Yes, it is a horribly mangled attempt to paraphrase a very
good sentiment.)

And as a final statement, try a thought experiment. Assume all the
dreamers dissappear. Given that people who participate here represent
an extreme wealth of knowledge, what will happen to that knowledge?
Will Jim Weir just randomly drop pearls of wisdom (I know he does in
Kitplanes, but I mean here for free)? Will Veedubber just mindlessly
throw out information on why you can't get 2,000hp out of 50cu. in.?
What will be the sounding board?

I say let the dreamers share what they're thinking. And let the rest of
us try to keep up.

--
----Because I can----
http://www.ernest.isa-geek.org/