Dear Mary...

Old March 11th 04, 05:12 PM
Howard Berkowitz

In article , "Steven
P. McNicoll" wrote:

"Larry Kessler" wrote in message

You aren't the one doing the defining.

Gays have the right to redefine marriage but animal lovers do not? Why
are
you opposed to equal rights?

Nice cheap shot. Most people who disagree with you have raised informed
consent as a ground for marriage, which you ignore in order to change to
straw men -- or straw sheep.

I've also noticed that you haven't responded to anything that involves
hard science with respect to gender.
Old March 11th 04, 07:01 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Howard Berkowitz" wrote in message

Nice cheap shot. Most people who disagree with you have
raised informed consent as a ground for marriage, which you
ignore in order to change to straw men -- or straw sheep.

If we can redefine marriage to include same-sex couples we obviously can
also redefine it so that informed consent is not requirement.

I've also noticed that you haven't responded to anything that involves
hard science with respect to gender.

That's not an issue.

Old March 11th 04, 08:22 PM
Howard Berkowitz

In article t,
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

"Howard Berkowitz" wrote in message

Nice cheap shot. Most people who disagree with you have
raised informed consent as a ground for marriage, which you
ignore in order to change to straw men -- or straw sheep.

If we can redefine marriage to include same-sex couples we obviously can
also redefine it so that informed consent is not requirement.

Has ABSOLUTELY ANYONE proposed that except people like you who don't
want any changes? Do you have any data that says people are out to marry
sheep, other than perhaps the existence of the inflatable sheep product,
"I Love Ewe"?

I've also noticed that you haven't responded to anything that involves
hard science with respect to gender.

That's not an issue.

Because? You keep saying gender is an issue. Gender is not always clear
by objective standards.

Oh. I'm sorry. I forgot. Nothing is an issue if it might cast
aspersions on your positions.
Old March 11th 04, 11:19 PM
Alan Minyard

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 03:00:46 GMT, "Gord Beaman" ) wrote:

Alan Minyard wrote:

Homosexuality is a choice, like becoming a murderer. There is nothing
in the Constitution about murderers, either (except for the bit about "cruel
and unusual punishment).

Al Minyard

I see...I take it that you're a man, right?...can you tell me at
what age you chose to be a man?

Somewhere around the age of 13.

Al Minyard
Old March 11th 04, 11:19 PM
Alan Minyard

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 03:28:10 -0500, Howard Berkowitz wrote:

Even without getting into things of the mind, sexuality and gender
simply aren't as simple as some would like them to be. In the example I
cited, neither party would have any homosexual ideation or any gender
dysphoria. Each, with perfectly good reason, considers their partner of
the other biological gender. A physician performing a routine physical
on either would have little reason to suspect anything. I suspect even
culposcopy would show a sad malformation of the cervix, but still no
reason to suspect an actual sexual misidentification.

No, you picked an extremely rare medical condition that has nothing
to do with homosexuality. When you have to reach that far for an argument
you are, in effect, saying that you have no logical argument.

This has nothing to do with either the military or aviation. End of thread.

Al Minyard
Old March 12th 04, 12:04 AM
Zippy the Pinhead

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:01:05 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

If we can redefine marriage to include same-sex couples we obviously can
also redefine it so that informed consent is not requirement.

And if we think about it really really hard, and yell really really
loud, we can re-define sunrise as occurring in the West.
Old March 12th 04, 01:59 AM

Alan Minyard wrote:

Homosexuality is a choice, like becoming a murderer. There is nothing
in the Constitution about murderers, either (except for the bit about "cruel
and unusual punishment).

Al Minyard

I see...I take it that you're a man, right?...can you tell me at
what age you chose to be a man?

Somewhere around the age of 13.

Al Minyard

Remarkable...do you remember consciously making that
choice?...what factors convinced you?...
--

-Gord.
Old March 12th 04, 02:20 AM
Douglas Berry

Lo, many moons past, on Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:20:05 GMT, a stranger
called by some "Steven P. McNicoll"
came forth and told this tale in us.military.army

If marriage can be arbitrarily redefined to include members of the same sex
then it can also be redefined to remove informed consent.

Thst would require removing the functional basis of contract law and
most criminal laws. So you're reaching.

--

Douglas Berry Do the OBVIOUS thing to send e-mail

WE *ARE* UMA
Lemmings 404 Local