Any Cessna 210 owners?

Old December 31st 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Whiting

Default Any Cessna 210 owners?

Old December 31st 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
houstondan

mike,

the more i think about it the more i'm persuaded that simply being
allowed to monitor the c.p.a. forum is more than worth the cost without
all the tons of technical data they have. they even have tech staff at
c.p.a. who work full time and answer members questions.

some of the regular posters are the people who teach and publish on the
subject. i could start naming names but i'd scew it up. very, very
impressive group. as a new owner, it's the best avaition money i've
spent. matter of fact, there are a lot of people there who don't even
have cessnas today. maybe they did before or whatever but they hang
around for the quality of the exchanges.
dan

Mike Adams wrote:
"houstondan" wrote:

if i were really looking at spending the kind of money a 210 will cost
i'd be joining cpa immediately

That thought crossed my mind as well. For 45 bucks Matt can get a lot of
good information, and trivial in comparison to the other costs of buying an
airplane, e.g. pre-buy inspections, travel cost to look at candidate
airplanes, title searches, etc.

Mike

Old December 31st 06, 06:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Newps

Guy in the hangar next to me had a strutted 210 for about 5 years. Cost
him a fortune. What an absolute turd. He finally couldn't take it
anymore and bought a turbo Aztec. We all laughed and said he'd be the
first guy to buy a twin and have his costs go down. We weren't far off.
He sunk at least $12K into the gear in those few short years. They
are not very fast. It's a 150-155 knot real world airplane. And if
it's not fast why would you want one?

Matt Whiting wrote:

Does anyone here own an older model C210 (strut-wing models)? I'm
looking at a 1966 and would like to learn more about the real world
costs of operation as compared to the 182 I owned previously. I know
the insurance is a lot higher ($3800 vs. $1200), and fuel burn is
higher, but what about maintenance costs? Other than the gear saddle,
what are the other trouble spots? How much trouble is the gear saddle
in actuality?

Matt

Old December 31st 06, 10:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jim Carter[_1_]

Old December 31st 06, 11:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jim Carter[_1_]

Old December 31st 06, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Whiting

Posted At: Saturday, December 30, 2006 8:35 PM
Posted To: rec.aviation.owning
Conversation: Any Cessna 210 owners?

Depends on where you buy your gas. My local airport sells 10 gallons
for $31.50 which is quite a bit less than the $45 membership for CPA,
but your point is well taken. It just seems a waste to join a brand
organization when you don't even own an airplane. And I'd hate to

have

to join every other association just to compare a few different

airplane

models.

Matt

Dang Matt - can I get that fuel delivered?

Just land at N38 and you can deliver into your tanks all that you want! :-)

Matt