Fabric Adhesive Question

Old April 9th 19, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

Default Fabric Adhesive Question

To the RAS knowledge base -

I had to strip some fabric liner from my cockpit (LAK17AT) to do some wiring. The original adhesive looks like a spray or brush product. It is no longer "sticky".

I put the fabric back in place with double sided tape. That has failed. (Possibly due to our colder temps.)

What is the best product to use for holding the fabric in place?

Thanks in advance -

Lou

Old April 9th 19, 10:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Kunz[_2_]

This worked great when I redid the interior of my Cessna
https://www.amazon.com/3M-38808-Head...gateway&sr=8-3
Old April 10th 19, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Pretty much the same stuff by "Gunk" is available at your local autoparts store.
Old April 10th 19, 03:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

On Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 2:17:00 PM UTC-7, MNLou wrote:
To the RAS knowledge base -

I had to strip some fabric liner from my cockpit (LAK17AT) to do some wiring. The original adhesive looks like a spray or brush product. It is no longer "sticky".

I put the fabric back in place with double sided tape. That has failed. (Possibly due to our colder temps.)

What is the best product to use for holding the fabric in place?

Thanks in advance -

Lou

Chances are they originally used brushed or sprayed on contact cement, which you can just simply re-apply. If not familiar with it's application you should read up on it first. Note; there are mainly "green" labeled contact cements available in hardware stores and my experience with them is negative at best. The old fashioned stuff nowadays comes in small containers only, and one needs to look for it.
Old April 10th 19, 04:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Kunz[_2_]

If you would rather use the "goop" you can get Duraseam Trim Cement from Airtex Interiors.
Old April 10th 19, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Longley

3M 1300L
Old April 10th 19, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

On Wednesday, April 10, 2019 at 8:51:13 AM UTC-7, Charles Longley wrote:
3M 1300L

Weldwood contact cement, Home Depot

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Fabric Removal Question glider.rescue Soaring 3 April 6th 07 10:22 PM
Adhesive [email protected] Restoration 3 August 25th 06 03:41 AM
adhesive [email protected] Piloting 2 August 20th 06 12:30 PM
Wood/Fabric durability question Rich S. Home Built 2 August 10th 04 01:06 PM
Structural adhesive question BD5ER Home Built 1 August 3rd 03 06:03 AM