Door seal??

Old June 13th 04, 08:44 PM
Frode Berg

Default Door seal??

Hi!

Our 68 Arrow is not what you would call airtight on the door.

Is there a part available to seal it better? Where can I find it?

It seems like air is leaking in at the lower back end of the door.

Will this also help lowerr the noise in the cabin?

Thanks,

Frode Berg
LN-LMR

Old June 14th 04, 03:28 PM
PaulH

http://www.piperdoorseals.com

These are the only seals I've ever had actually work well. They
reduce both noise and air leaks. Do the baggage door too, and get the
kit for the door pins to make sure that the door is properly aligned.
There are 2 side effects.
1. You have to remove the old seal completely including the old
adhesive. This is about a 4 hour job. 2. The new seal mounts on the
cabin frame and is more vulnerable to inadvertent damage. However,
replacements are cheap and easy to install. You only have to replace
the damaged section.