$6.61 at MDW eeeek!

Old May 23rd 08, 04:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
skym

Default $6.61 at MDW eeeek!

I got this quote the other day for 100LL, and was advised it's going
up!
Old May 23rd 08, 04:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Aluckyguess

"skym" wrote in message
I got this quote the other day for 100LL, and was advised it's going
up!

Fuel is starting to worry me a bit.

Old May 23rd 08, 09:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
clint

wait ntil you have to have it to warmyur old seniour bones!aluckyguess
explained :

Old May 26th 08, 01:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Margy Natalie

aluckyguess wrote:
"skym" wrote in message

I got this quote the other day for 100LL, and was advised it's going
up!

Fuel is starting to worry me a bit.

Try buying at a smaller field. IAD is up over $7, but Culpeper is still
under $5 (I can't believe I said that like it's a good thing!)

Margy
Old May 26th 08, 11:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
skym

On May 26, 6:50*am, Margy Natalie wrote:
Try buying at a smaller field. *IAD is up over $7, but Culpeper is still
under $5 (I can't believe I said that like it's a good thing!)

Margy

I've decided to fly into Schauamberg. Talked to them on the
phone...nice folks.
Old May 27th 08, 05:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Aluckyguess

"skym" wrote in message
On May 26, 6:50 am, Margy Natalie wrote:
Try buying at a smaller field. IAD is up over $7, but Culpeper is still
under $5 (I can't believe I said that like it's a good thing!)

Margy

I've decided to fly into Schauamberg. Talked to them on the
phone...nice folks.

This fuel may be kill GA. It costing 300 plus now to put gas in the Bonanza.
My buddy parked his Barron. He says it just not fun knowing how much it
costing to fly.
Looks like it will never get better either. How do the guys in these Jets do
it.

Old May 27th 08, 01:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

This fuel may be kill GA. It costing 300 plus now to put gas in the
Bonanza. My buddy parked his Barron. He says it just not fun knowing how
much it costing to fly.

Strangely, this weekend our ramp was FULL of light twins. Haven't seen any
of those things flying since gas hit $4.50/gallon, but I guess the holiday
weekend brought 'em out of mothballs. Most of the twins at our airport
haven't moved since last fall.

We paid over $300 to top the tanks in Atlas (our Cherokee Pathfinder) in
March (in St. Louis) -- and it really made us stop and think. That's
mostly what made us start looking for a smaller "fun" plane -- which we just
bought yesterday (with two other partners). It's a '48 Ercoupe, and it'll
sip mogas at about 4.8 gph, with my arm hanging out the open top...

:-)

Where there's a will, there's a way.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 27th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

This fuel may be kill GA. It costing 300 plus now to put gas in the
Bonanza. My buddy parked his Barron. He says it just not fun knowing
how much it costing to fly.

Strangely, this weekend our ramp was FULL of light twins. Haven't
seen any of those things flying since gas hit $4.50/gallon,

hard to see anything with your head up your ass, I suppose.

but I
guess the holiday weekend brought 'em out of mothballs. Most of the
twins at our airport haven't moved since last fall.

We paid over $300 to top the tanks in Atlas (our Cherokee Pathfinder)
in March (in St. Louis) -- and it really made us stop and think.
That's mostly what made us start looking for a smaller "fun" plane --
which we just bought yesterday (with two other partners). It's a '48
Ercoupe, and it'll sip mogas at about 4.8 gph, with my arm hanging out
the open top...

:-)

Where there's a will, there's a way.

What'd you pay your mexican slaves?

Bertie

Old May 28th 08, 05:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gezellig[_2_]

Jay Honeck explained :
This fuel may be kill GA. It costing 300 plus now to put gas in the
Bonanza. My buddy parked his Barron. He says it just not fun knowing how
much it costing to fly.

Strangely, this weekend our ramp was FULL of light twins. Haven't seen any
of those things flying since gas hit $4.50/gallon, but I guess the holiday
weekend brought 'em out of mothballs. Most of the twins at our airport
haven't moved since last fall.

We paid over $300 to top the tanks in Atlas (our Cherokee Pathfinder) in
March (in St. Louis) -- and it really made us stop and think. That's mostly
what made us start looking for a smaller "fun" plane -- which we just bought
yesterday (with two other partners). It's a '48 Ercoupe, and it'll sip
mogas at about 4.8 gph,

Huh?

Of all people, I would have thought you would grasp this concept of
reduced gas/oil usage and its reasons and consequences.

1) People react and don't think through the entire costs of aircraft
use and ownership
2) Gas is a percentage but not a staggering pecentage of aircraft usage
3) When people react somewhat mindlessly (ahem, what did that fillup
cost you before, $250?), they pull back on usages.
4) Your twin-engine planes were out for fun, this is the first pull
back phase.
5) Many people are slightly to waaaaaay in over their haeads with plane
ownership to begin, the increase in much of anything shoots them into
loan default, minimized usage or quitting all together.

How many people do you know that will drive 1, 2, 10 extra miles to
"save" 10 cents a gallon?

Old May 28th 08, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Gezellig wrote in :

Jay Honeck explained :
[...]

Why would you think that? He thinks global warming is going to give him
milder winters, for chrissake.

Bertie