Navy or Air Farce?

Old March 12th 04, 06:51 PM
Krztalizer

What's the problem with peein' inflight? Geez, guys, you just ask the pilot to
fly in a slight right hand bank, slide the door open, stand there letting it
all hang out and do your business. What's so difficult??

v/r
Gordon
====(A+C====
USN SAR

Donate your memories - write a note on the back and send your old photos to a
reputable museum, don't take them with you when you're gone.

Old March 12th 04, 08:57 PM
Dave Kearton

"Krztalizer" wrote in message
| What's the problem with peein' inflight? Geez, guys, you just ask the
pilot to
| fly in a slight right hand bank, slide the door open, stand there letting
it
| all hang out and do your business. What's so difficult??
|

| v/r
| Gordon
| ====(A+C====
| USN SAR

I've done that on a bus, not surprisingly there must be more turbulence
when peeing in ground effect.

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old March 12th 04, 09:17 PM
George Shirley

I have the same problem Gordon. I crewed on R4Y's, R4D's, and R6D's, we
had heads in the back. what's so difficult about finding a place and a
way to pee? Oh did I mention that a heliocopter flying is just wrong,
ain't getting in no plane without wings and I still like propellers too.
BSEG

George

Old March 12th 04, 10:40 PM
BUFDRVR

You are an anomaly...deviation from the common rule
...something different, abnormal, peculiar, or not easily classified.

I suppose.... but out of my UPT class, I'm the only one who has ever applied
his trade in combat...I guess its just a case of why you wanted to be an Air
Force pilot. The two guys in my class who took F-15Cs have probably had a lot
of fun flying around the local MOA and out at RED FLAG, but that's not what I
wanted to do.

I suppose your BUFF comrades look at you with a YGBSM expression when
you announce..."Yeah, BUFFs were my first choice..."

A few of them do, but most also realize that, at least since 1995, B-52s have
made a tremendous impact on the National Security of the U.S. and its the
platform to be in if that's your goal. Flying around the flag pole at Mach 2
may be pretty cool, but it pales in comparison to dropping a JDAM on a Taliban
mortor team in regards to defending the country.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old March 12th 04, 10:45 PM
BUFDRVR

Yep, but you can get up, wander back past the bunks with lace curtains,

Hmm...

sitdown in the ****ter

Have never taken a dump on a BUFF (even on several 30+ hour sorties)...and hope
to God I never have to.

while listening to music or watch a DVD

The pilots can't really watch a DVD, no place to put the player in the pilots
station....although I have listened to more than my share of movies droning
back from Afghanistan.

while the 'stew'is busy making your lunch.

Boy...that would be great...

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old March 12th 04, 11:50 PM
Ed Rasimus

On 12 Mar 2004 22:40:52 GMT, (BUFDRVR) wrote:

[...]

While I understand your pride in accomplishment as well as your
rationale of going to a combat system, I've got to say that my reading
of the papers (as well as encounters with a lot of Ego and Viper
types) would seem to indicate that both Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom
(as well as the Afghan and Bosnia excursions) have had more than
enough opportunity for the tactical types to get a whiff of gunpowder.

Might we be a bit parochial here?

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
Smithsonian Institution Press
ISBN #1-58834-103-8
Old March 12th 04, 11:54 PM
Juvat

After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police, BUFDRVR
blurted out:

You are an anomaly...deviation from the common rule
...something different, abnormal, peculiar, or not easily classified.

I suppose.... but out of my UPT class, I'm the only one who has ever applied
his trade in combat...

Dude...did you read that last sentence before you hit "send?" You
think any of your UPT buds in C-130s hauling bullets and beans would
buy that self-serving BS? Think KC-135/-10 guys passing gas would nod
their head in agreement?

How about the EWOs or DSOs in your jet? How many SAM or AI radars have
they battled since 1995?

....And if it's true that your F-16/F-15E classmates have not dropped
live in Iraq or Afghanistan...the system is ****ed up 'cause every
swinging dick ANG air-to-mud guy/gal has over the course of several
deployments since 1991.

I guess its just a case of why you wanted to be an Air Force pilot.

Hey easy for me...I wanted to be the commander of USAFE, or TAC, say
"Two, Bingo, Mayday...Lead you're on fire." I wanted to eat jager
schnitzel mit pomme frites in the german village where I lived for
three year; I didn't want to spend all my career PCS'd to CONUS; I
wanted to fly fast and low and hear BRASSMONKEY on Guard; Ivan and Kim
Il-Sung were the enemy.

I didn't ask myself, "Self...which aerial platform will most likely
provide the greatest benefit in terms of standoff weapons employement
with the concomitant minimum sorties."

I wanted to have fun while running around in a green and brown mottled
Phantoms with my fangs out, hair on fire.

A few of them do, but most also realize that, at least since 1995, B-52s have
made a tremendous impact on the National Security of the U.S. and its the
platform to be in if that's your goal. Flying around the flag pole at Mach 2
may be pretty cool, but it pales in comparison to dropping a JDAM on a Taliban
mortor team in regards to defending the country.

A noble jesture on your part, you had the prescience to select the
B-52...every UPT grad I ever asked says they wanted to fly fighters,
but they busted a check-ride, the wife/girlfriend rejected the notion,
etc. NOBODY ever said they wanted to fly BUFFS or tankers.

Bottom line...I respect you as an air warrior. I don't know you but
your claim that BUFFs (not even BONEs) were your first choice is
interesting.

Juvat
Old March 13th 04, 12:14 AM
Ed Rasimus

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 23:54:17 GMT, Juvat
wrote:

[...]

Twoop!!

And, "Lead, you really are on fire...."

Old March 13th 04, 01:02 AM
BUFDRVR

While I understand your pride in accomplishment as well as your
rationale of going to a combat system, I've got to say that my reading
of the papers (as well as encounters with a lot of Ego and Viper
types) would seem to indicate that both Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom
(as well as the Afghan and Bosnia excursions) have had more than
enough opportunity for the tactical types to get a whiff of gunpowder.

Ed, I never said the other numerous AF platforms haven't contributed, but no
aircraft, save the B-1B, has struck as many targets since 1995 as the B-52.
Additionally, since 1995, there has never been more than 45 operational B-52
aircrew at any one time. Your odds of getting deployed in an actual conflict
are astronomically higher than in every weapons system except the Bone or the
U-2. I've been friends with an F-16 pilot since 1997 and (at least prior to
OIF) he had not dropped a weapon in anger. So, once again, I'll state that if
your goal is to defend this country by being involved in its conflicts, your
best bet is a BUFF.

Might we be a bit parochial here?

Not at all. Just some good natured "chest pumping"

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"