Navy or Air Farce?

Old March 13th 04, 01:27 AM
BUFDRVR

I suppose.... but out of my UPT class, I'm the only one who has ever applied
his trade in combat...

Dude...did you read that last sentence before you hit "send?" You
think any of your UPT buds in C-130s hauling bullets and beans

No one in my class got C-130's.

would buy that self-serving BS?

Self serving ? It's a fact.

Think KC-135/-10 guys passing gas would nod their head in agreement?

Only 1 KC-135 in my class, did the third pilot thing, went back to AETC to fly
-37s.
The only guy I may have short changed in my class was a guy going to T-37's
with a C-17 follow on, but I later heard he stayed in -37s, not sure where he
is now.

How about the EWOs or DSOs in your jet? How many SAM or AI radars have
they battled since 1995?

Every combat sortie I've flown, if the EW wasn't jamming something, he was
helping out by copying 9-lines and backing up the Nav team on targeting.

...And if it's true that your F-16/F-15E classmates have not dropped
live in Iraq or Afghanistan...the system is ****ed up 'cause every
swinging dick ANG air-to-mud guy/gal has over the course of several
deployments since 1991.

Only 1 F-16 guy (forgot about him in my earlier post) who was flying Cs out of
Cannon. He *may* have gotten some OIF time, but I'm not sure. The only other
fighter guys were F-15Cs.

I didn't want to spend all my career PCS'd to CONUS

I feel the exact opposite.

I didn't ask myself, "Self...which aerial platform will most likely
provide the greatest benefit in terms of standoff weapons employement
with the concomitant minimum sorties."

We do more than stand-off...I would think you would know that. In fact, I've
only flown 1 CALCM combat sortie. And I didn't ask my self that question
either. I wanted to drop a lot of weapons and be involved in the conflicts this
nation fought. Your ego must be *huge* if you can't grasp that not everyone
wants to do what you do.

every UPT grad I ever asked says they wanted to fly fighters

Well, if you ever run into a Viper pilot, call sign Tank, from Class 95-10 at
Vance ask him about the guy in his class who took the BUFF.

but they busted a check-ride

Never busted a check-ride, in fact me, Tank and the #1 guy who took an Eagle
were the only ones in our class that dodged that.

the wife/girlfriend rejected the notion

My wife could have cared less what aircraft I took...

I don't know you but
your claim that BUFFs (not even BONEs) were your first choice is
interesting.

Well, originally showing up at Vance in June '94 I wanted a Bone, but there was
an ex-B-1B maintenance officer in my class (one of the Eagle drivers) and he
kind of talked me out of it. At the time, all the Bone could carry was Mk-82s
and they were even having problems with those. He told of the horrible FMC
rate and the number of cancelled sorties they had. By the time -38s rolled
around I had changed my mind and swapped my #2 (BUFF) for the Bone. I still
can't believe you're having trouble with this. I met guys in UPT who wanted
nothing more than to fly for the airlines and they wanted cargo, or even better
a KC-10. I watched an entire class of Academy grads pass up F-16s for C-21s to
Peterson AFB. There were two Vipers in that drop and they went to two guys in
the bottom of the class. Relax, neither made it out of IFF.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old March 13th 04, 02:25 PM
Pechs1

sid- I wouldn't advise calling any flight attendants a "stew" *before* you
get that lunch...No telling what that "sauce" may be. BRBR

Hee, heee, I never really 'rushed' the airlines so I don't have to be PC with
'stews'....
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)
Old March 13th 04, 02:26 PM
Pechs1

sid- Wasn't his name Repp? BRBR

geeez, i don't remember, it was in KeyWest and I was at happy hour...
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)
Old March 13th 04, 02:30 PM
Pechs1

Finally when I was in VAQ-35 we had a Femail NF0 in ECMO 3 seat with a guy
who
loathed women in the military and in particular this one who witnesed her
strip
down sufficently for her to take a leak in a relief tube. BRBR

ahhh, chicks in USN aircraft, what a great idea....
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)
Old March 13th 04, 02:36 PM
Pechs1

Juvat- NOBODY ever said they wanted to fly BUFFS or tankers. BRBR

I actually knew a guy that 'wanted' P-3ss..honest..but yer right, most want
fastmovers. A bit different in the USN, when you are in the jet pipeline, you
are going to probably get a tactical jet but some 'wanted' S-3s and
EA-6Bs...but they squated to pee....
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)
Old March 13th 04, 06:34 PM
Juvat

After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police, Pechs1
blurted out:

I actually knew a guy that 'wanted' P-3ss..honest..but yer right, most want
fastmovers. A bit different in the USN, when you are in the jet pipeline, you
are going to probably get a tactical jet but some 'wanted' S-3s ...

I fly with a couple guys that wanted Hoovers or P-3s because they
planned to move on to the airlines...which leads me to another, "No
**** this really happened," story.

A DC-9 captain I flew with was a P-3 guy, USNA grad, active Blue &
Gold reservist...good guy, loved trading insults, "The Air Force
trains pilots...the Navy develops aviators...blah, blah, blah."

I'd come to find out that by the time Bill had gone thru flight
school, that guys going onto the P-3 no longer got to CQ. I saved that
bit of info for future reference.

Ahh yes, it was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, birds singing,
the flight attendants were friendly and hardbodies...and we had a
Marine A-4 guy on the jumpseat.

During the course of the short enroute segment we all got into a
discussion of the superiority of one's military flying experience.
Bill puffed out his chest with pride and repeated his litany, "the Air
Force trains pilots, the Navy develops aviators..."

The Marine smiled and nodded.

I admitted that I had never landed on the deck of a carrier and that
had to have been exciting, scary, interesting, different. So I asked
Bill what liked best about his CQ experience.

"Ahhh hmmm, guys in the P-3 pipeline didn't CQ when I went thru."

I nodded thoughtfully, paused to reflect and announced confidently,
"So Bill...you're just like an Air Force pilot!"

The Marine howled!

Bill declined to regale me with his naval superiority after that.

Juvat