powerflarm display track file download

Old April 20th 20, 05:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default powerflarm display track file download

I used to be able to download track files from my powerflarm rectangular butterfly display by inserting a usb, pressing the button and then pressing again on the "flarm" status and again on "log download" without turning the unit off. It no longer does this now I have to power off the unit insert a usb and power back on and wait. Its not a lot longer but it was convenient to do it while still up and running. Any one else noticed this?

CH
Old April 20th 20, 06:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Monday, April 20, 2020 at 12:15:19 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I used to be able to download track files from my powerflarm rectangular
butterfly display by inserting a usb, pressing the button and then pressing
again on the "flarm" status and again on "log download" without turning the
unit off. It no longer does this now I have to power off the unit insert a
usb and power back on and wait. Its not a lot longer but it was convenient
to do it while still up and running. Any one else noticed this?

Yup, saw that in my brief trip to the Seniors.
Unfortunately, seems to be that Butterfly doesn't play well with latest
FLARM protocol update. And Butterfly is an "old unsupported product"...
I'll ping the Butterfly guys again to see if there's any way to get this
fixed. Until then, just power-cycle your panel to trigger the IGC file dump.

Hope that helps,
See ya, Dave YO
Old April 20th 20, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Monday, April 20, 2020 at 12:15:19 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I used to be able to download track files from my powerflarm rectangular butterfly display by inserting a usb, pressing the button and then pressing again on the "flarm" status and again on "log download" without turning the unit off. It no longer does this now I have to power off the unit insert a usb and power back on and wait. Its not a lot longer but it was convenient to do it while still up and running. Any one else noticed this?

CH

When was the last time you reinstalled the Butterfly firmware? 1's and 0's can go astray... Also, that could be a sign of a corrupt USB stick; check for damage using Windows disk check utility and repair damage (if found). If I suspect a USB stick, I generally format it (but move important things to backup first).

My Butterfly display still downloads IGC files as before. I have had to change USB sticks to make this happen.
Old April 20th 20, 08:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Monday, April 20, 2020 at 1:49:15 PM UTC-4, Dave Nadler wrote:
[...]

OK, I was wrong. Dave, if they open the software, it would be nice to have a way of entering a PEV as well.
Old April 21st 20, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks for the responses, Ive tried several usb sticks and none work. Too bad I really liked the other option that being said its not a show stopper jus 2 more cycles on the switch πŸ˜’πŸ˜’
Old May 12th 20, 11:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

I'm going to take a crack at updating the Butterfly display software
to fix this and a couple of other issues. Can anybody help with:

1) Butterfly display (beg, borrow, or buy) for my testing?
2) User testing of my updated software?

Thanks!
Best Regards, Dave
Old May 13th 20, 06:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Id be glad to test for you Dave but sincecits my only display cantcgivecitcup for testing

CH
Old May 16th 20, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 5:30:32 PM UTC-5, Dave Nadler wrote:
I'm going to take a crack at updating the Butterfly display software
to fix this and a couple of other issues. Can anybody help with:

1) Butterfly display (beg, borrow, or buy) for my testing?
2) User testing of my updated software?

Thanks!
Best Regards, Dave

Dave, have you found a Butterfly display to use? If not, PM me and I can loan you mine for a few weeks (glider down with the virus...).

Kirk
kirk dot stant at gmail dot com
Old May 17th 20, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Saturday, May 16, 2020 at 3:01:13 PM UTC-4, kirk.stant wrote:
On Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 5:30:32 PM UTC-5, Dave Nadler wrote:
I'm going to take a crack at updating the Butterfly display software
to fix this and a couple of other issues. Can anybody help with:

1) Butterfly display (beg, borrow, or buy) for my testing?
2) User testing of my updated software?

Thanks!
Best Regards, Dave

Dave, have you found a Butterfly display to use? If not, PM me and I can loan you mine for a few weeks (glider down with the virus...).

Kirk
kirk dot stant at gmail dot com

Thanks Kirk (and others who emailed) - I've got a loaner on the way.
Much appreciated,
Best Regards, Dave
Old May 17th 20, 07:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, May 16, 2020 at 3:01:13 PM UTC-4, kirk.stant wrote:
On Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 5:30:32 PM UTC-5, Dave Nadler wrote:
I'm going to take a crack at updating the Butterfly display software
to fix this and a couple of other issues. Can anybody help with:

1) Butterfly display (beg, borrow, or buy) for my testing?
2) User testing of my updated software?

Thanks!
Best Regards, Dave

Dave, have you found a Butterfly display to use? If not, PM me and I can loan you mine for a few weeks (glider down with the virus...).

Kirk
kirk dot stant at gmail dot com

I know people and cats can get the virus, but gliders?

How can I download my current PowerFlarm configuratoin? [email protected] Soaring 4 May 8th 15 05:43 PM
PowerFlarm display Brad[_2_] Soaring 4 July 27th 12 07:15 AM
PowerFLARM Brick and PowerFLARM Remote Display Manuals Available Paul Remde Soaring 30 May 25th 12 11:58 PM
New PowerFLARM display? Andy[_1_] Soaring 1 November 23rd 11 11:04 PM
Download GPS Track from Bendix/King handheld Andreas Medlhammer General Aviation 0 August 11th 03 02:50 PM