He's Baaaaack! Bede

Old June 27th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan Nafe

Default He's Baaaaack! Bede

Likely to be old news

http://exosphereair.com
Old June 27th 07, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
karl gruber[_1_]

He certainly has let down a lot of builders and pilots. I wonder why ANYBODY
would ever listen to him!

"Dan Nafe" wrote in message
Likely to be old news

http://exosphereair.com

Old June 28th 07, 06:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Webb

He certainly has let down a lot of builders and pilots. I wonder why
ANYBODY would ever listen to him!

Maybe because he's also had some serious successes.

The BD-4 may still be the best 4 place plans/kit built aircraft available if
price is a worry. Even after all these years.

There have been other successes as well (I'm too lazy to google it at the
moment)

Old June 28th 07, 12:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Denny

The BD-4 may still be the best 4 place plans/kit built aircraft available if
price is a worry. Even after all these years.

There have been other successes as well (I'm too lazy to google it at the
moment)

Every single person who has gone into business with him, or invested
money into any venture he has been associated with, has lost every
penny and then some...
It raised the hair on the back of my neck when he made the offer to
contact them to invest brrrrr
He is in interesting guy who thinks outside the box not necessarily a
good thing in airplanes... He is also fun to be around, a guy who can
talk nonstop on airplanes... I just would not let him see my wallet...

denny

Old June 28th 07, 03:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Webb

" Every single person who has gone into business with him, or invested
money into any venture he has been associated with, has lost every
penny and then some...

These guys
http://www.tvap.com/have been around for several years now selling BD-4
kits, and they seem to be doing fine. Does anybody know anything more about
them?

Old June 28th 07, 06:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Darrel Toepfer

"Ron Webb" wrote:

There have been other successes as well (I'm too lazy to google it at
the moment)

Grumman Yankee
Old June 28th 07, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Darrel Toepfer

"Ron Webb" wrote:

http://www.tvap.com

"last updated on January 24, 2007" with Christmas Greetings...

There were some delivery issues when I looked at their "4", about that many
years ago... I do love strutless highwings...
Old June 29th 07, 04:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Roger (K8RI)

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 06:46:16 -0800, "Ron Webb"
wrote:

" Every single person who has gone into business with him, or invested
money into any venture he has been associated with, has lost every
penny and then some...

These guys
http://www.tvap.com/have been around for several years now selling BD-4
kits, and they seem to be doing fine. Does anybody know anything more about
them?

Never trust any one whos web site requires flash player.

Old June 29th 07, 04:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

wrote:

" Every single person who has gone into business with him, or invested
money into any venture he has been associated with, has lost every
penny and then some...

These guys
http://www.tvap.com/have been around for several years now selling BD-4
kits, and they seem to be doing fine. Does anybody know anything more

about
them?

Never trust any one whos web site requires flash player.

Boy, aint that the damned truth!

Old June 29th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Barnyard BOb

There have been other successes as well (I'm too lazy to google it at
the moment)

Grumman Yankee

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

NOT EXACTLY, since....
There never was a BEDE Yankee.

It's a long way from a sketch on a paper napkin
to a "GRUMMAN" certified aircraft.

http://www.grumman.net/aya/index.html
"Virtually all of the Gang are members of the American Yankee
Association, an international organization representing about 2000
"Grumman" owners in 17 countries around the world. You will note that
"Grumman" is in quotes. This is because most of the fleet was
manufactured by companies other than Grumman. In order, the
manufacturers we American Aviation, Grumman American, Gulfstream
American and American General and, starting in 1998, TLM Aerospace."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grumman_American_AA-1
Development history
The Yankee was originally designed in 1962 by Jim Bede as the BD-1 and
was intended to be sold as a kit-built aircraft. Bede decided to
certify the design under the then-new FAR Part 23 rules and offer it
as a completed aircraft. No BD-1 kits were ever sold.

The prototype first flew on July 11, 1963 and featured folding wings
for trailering and ease of storage. Bede formed a company, Bede
Aviation Corporation, based in Cleveland Ohio, to produce the
aircraft, but the BD-1 never entered production as a certified
aircraft. At that time the FAA was hesitant to certify a light
aircraft with folding wings. The certification process was complex and
expensive and disagreements arose between Bede and the other
shareholders. As a result Bede was ousted by his business partners and
the company renamed American Aviation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Bede
Development dragged on and eventually burned through a tremendous
amount of money without delivering a final design. The investors
finally gave up and forced Bede to leave the company in 1966. They
re-formed in 1968 as American Aviation in order to produce the design
in complete form as the AA-1 Yankee. A number of changes were later
introduced into the design to make it more stable, notably a larger
horizontal tail, and then a more forgiving airfoil on the main wing.
The AA-1 and follow-on designs became fairly popular, notably the
four-seat AA-5 Traveller. The company was later purchased by Grumman,
becoming Grumman American.

- Barnyard BOb -