TBO for A-65?

Old July 3rd 04, 02:25 PM
Michael Horowitz

Default TBO for A-65?

Anyone know the current manuf. recommended TBO for the
Contenintal A-65? - Mike
Old July 3rd 04, 03:16 PM
Jay Smith

Michael Horowitz wrote:
Anyone know the current manuf. recommended TBO for the
Contenintal A-65? - Mike

At this point, I would say it is on condition.
If it is making metal or not making compression, it may be time.

Old July 3rd 04, 04:58 PM
Michael Horowitz

Jay Smith wrote:

Michael Horowitz wrote:
Anyone know the current manuf. recommended TBO for the
Contenintal A-65? - Mike

At this point, I would say it is on condition.
If it is making metal or not making compression, it may be time.

Thank you Jay - Just reading up on "on condition" and that sounds like
common sense. BUT I'm wondering if something dramatic could be
happening inside with good compression showing, and the last oil
analysis showing nothing untoward?
Old July 3rd 04, 06:49 PM
Jay Smith

Michael Horowitz wrote:
Jay Smith wrote:

Michael Horowitz wrote:

Anyone know the current manuf. recommended TBO for the
Contenintal A-65? - Mike

At this point, I would say it is on condition.
If it is making metal or not making compression, it may be time.

Thank you Jay - Just reading up on "on condition" and that sounds like
common sense. BUT I'm wondering if something dramatic could be
happening inside with good compression showing, and the last oil
analysis showing nothing untoward?

I can tell when the A65 pulling my 7AC is not making full power.
Think about the difference in accelleration on a cold day vice on a hot
day. You do not have alot of excess horsepower to begin with, so any
loss is significant.

Old July 4th 04, 12:30 AM
jls

"Michael Horowitz" wrote in message
Anyone know the current manuf. recommended TBO for the
Contenintal A-65? - Mike

Don't ask me why but I've never known an A-65 to get much more than a
thousand hours before needing an overhaul. The cylinders are usually worn
out even before accumulating a thousand hours.

Old July 4th 04, 12:22 PM
john price

It seems to me that the manual for my L3B said after 600
hours the engine should be torn down...

John Price
CFII/AGI/IGI
http://home.att.net/~jm.price