Ground steering and Takeoffs

Old January 6th 04, 02:02 PM
webmaster

Default Ground steering and Takeoffs

Every time I apply full thorttle the plane tends to go to the left, it
doesn't matter if it is a 747 or a cessna, they both show the same behavior.
Rudder Pedals are calibrated, wind is 0. what could be the problem?

Old January 7th 04, 12:04 AM
gerrcoin

webmaster wrote:
Every time I apply full thorttle the plane tends to go to the left, it
doesn't matter if it is a 747 or a cessna, they both show the same behavior.
Rudder Pedals are calibrated, wind is 0. what could be the problem?

I have a similar problem. My Saitek Cyborg 3d joystick never calibrates
properly on the rudder axis. The centre is always a little out.
If it were just with single prop aircraft I would have said P-factor but
with multi-engined jets...
You could try adjusting the dead zone on the rudder axis in the settings
in FS. Or try using the rudder trim to correct for the effect.

Old January 7th 04, 12:07 AM
Roger Halstead

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 13:02:31 GMT, "webmaster"
wrote:

Every time I apply full thorttle the plane tends to go to the left, it
doesn't matter if it is a 747 or a cessna, they both show the same behavior.
Rudder Pedals are calibrated, wind is 0. what could be the problem?

The Cessna should. The 747 shouldn't. With the 172 it's a portrayal
of the torque, but I don't know why the 747 does. To me that would be
a bug unless the throttles are not all going forward. I take it all 4
engines are spooling up to 100%?

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Old February 15th 04, 09:34 PM
Twilson

I've had the ssame probalem forever with all of the FS models. Strangely, If I
immediately reset the flight, the take off is right down the middle. It
happens only when I first try to fly. This is not P factor as it happens with
couter-rotating prop planes.