New owner - competition number

Old April 11th 18, 03:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Opitz

Default New owner - competition number

At 06:34 11 April 2018, Senna Van den Bosch wrote:
Op dinsdag 10 april 2018 20:49:30 UTC+2 schreef Dan Daly:
On Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 2:23:03 PM UTC-4, Senna Van den

Bosch
wrote:
I have bought my first glider and picking it up saturday.
It's registered in Germany but doesn't have a competition

number, how
are they chosen? Where can you register one?

What did you end up getting? Congratulations!

Found a lovely DG 101, price was low but needed a new radio so it's

fair.

Just remember, you now do DG take-offs. Set the trim, and leave the
elevator alone as you roll down the runway. It will lift off very nicely
on it's own from the two point attitude. If you try and raise the tail
first, and then try to fly the main wheel off, you will get airborne only
briefly before it bounces back down. That's how you can tell a new DG
pilot every time - they bounce the take-offs. Have fun. It's a nice
glider.

RO

Old April 11th 18, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

OK.....how the frig does this post relate to competition numbers?!?!

I will be magnanimous and say you were going through threads and forgot which thread you were in......

Otherwise, it is "about spring" in the northern hemisphere, thus cabin fever is rampant and peeps want to fly.....

Have a nice day.....
Old April 11th 18, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Charlie - the OP has bought a DG101 - scroll up a little ;-)
Old April 11th 18, 08:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

OK, my "quote" didn't show up, I was commenting on Michael Opitz (sp) talking about how to fly a sailplane which has NOTHING to do with contest numbers.

Issue with this forum, no way to edit/correct issues after the fact.....

Oh, have a nice day......
Old April 11th 18, 09:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Opitz

At 19:28 11 April 2018, Charlie M. UH & 002 owner/pilot wrote:
OK, my "quote" didn't show up, I was commenting on Michael Opitz

(sp)
talking about how to fly a sailplane which has NOTHING to do with

contest
numbers.

Issue with this forum, no way to edit/correct issues after the fact.....

Oh, have a nice day......

The OP of this post just had a pretty lengthy thread on being a new
guy and asking what kind of glider to get. After taking everyone's
thoughts in mind, he finally made a choice and bought his new glider,
only he announced it in this new thread. Seeing as he chose to
announce it in this thread, I didn't see the harm in giving him a tip on
flying that particular new glider - as a follow up to his original thread.

Sorry if the thread drift annoyed you, but if you read the OP's posts,
you will realize that he's a new guy who is looking to soak up all the
info he can.

RO

Old April 13th 18, 06:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Senna Van den Bosch

wrote:
I have bought my first glider and picking it up saturday.
It's registered in Germany but doesn't have a competition

number, how
are they chosen? Where can you register one?

What did you end up getting? Congratulations!

Found a lovely DG 101, price was low but needed a new radio so it's

fair.

Just remember, you now do DG take-offs. Set the trim, and leave the
elevator alone as you roll down the runway. It will lift off very nicely
on it's own from the two point attitude. If you try and raise the tail
first, and then try to fly the main wheel off, you will get airborne only
briefly before it bounces back down. That's how you can tell a new DG
pilot every time - they bounce the take-offs. Have fun. It's a nice
glider.

RO

Do you mean aerotows? I have been told by the club's FI before flying our Pegase on aerotow that it behaves the same, with large possibility of it bouncing.
Old April 13th 18, 09:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster[_2_]

On Wednesday, April 11, 2018 at 11:58:50 AM UTC-5, Charlie M. (AH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
OK.....how the frig does this post relate to competition numbers?!?!

I will be magnanimous and say you were going through threads and forgot which thread you were in......

Otherwise, it is "about spring" in the northern hemisphere, thus cabin fever is rampant and peeps want to fly.....
Have a nice day.....

Mr. UH- A bit too quick on the draw, perhaps? Senna bought a DG101 after input about several gliders provided by Mr. Opitz and others. How does your complaining about what many would consider a person from our aviation royalty contribute anything?

Senna- Congrats and enjoy your new ship! If you have a favorite contest number already assigned, and you'd like to have it officially assigned to you, it might be worth asking the current owner to release it.

Old April 13th 18, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Wednesday, April 11, 2018 at 12:28:55 PM UTC-7, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
OK, my "quote" didn't show up, I was commenting on Michael Opitz (sp) talking about how to fly a sailplane which has NOTHING to do with contest numbers.

What, are you the NFBSK'n UseNet police now?

The number of registered drone operators exceeds the number of manned aircraft pilots Larry Dighera Piloting 3 July 14th 16 09:41 PM
CFI vs FBO owner? Teacher Piloting 9 December 9th 15 06:25 AM
Number Two Bob (not my real pseudonym) Aviation Photos 7 February 20th 10 11:34 AM
Pitts Number 1 registration number Mirco Aerobatics 3 December 4th 04 11:50 AM