2-33 fuselage stand

Old April 15th 18, 10:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Waveguru

Default 2-33 fuselage stand

Long ago our club had a great stand for the fuselage of a 2-33. It hooked under the steps on each on each side of the fuselage, and it rocked over center with a long bar. It was very stable. Does anybody have plans for one of these?

Boggs
Old April 16th 18, 02:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Black Forest Soaring Society is currently refurbishing our 2-33. We have a stand setup that attaches to the nose handle and another stand that clamps to the tail. This enables us to rotate the fuselage to work on it. Email me off line and I'll be happy to send pics.

Mark
Old April 16th 18, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Boggs,

We use two types of 2-33 fuselage "stands".

1) This is what we use for restoration work. It is a frame of metal pipes and corner brackets (commonly used to build concert railing, stands and stages). We can cover this with tarps and use it as a paint booth. We suspend the fuselage from the wing attachment points. Works well.

2) The other is used for storage. This is a wooden cradle made of 2x4" and 2x6" lumber that captures the sides and bottom of the steps. We don't use anything in addition to "lock" the fuselage in place. Very stable. We thought about putting castering wheels on this but we found we could fairly easily drag it along the hangar's concrete floor.

Please let me know if you would like pictures with some dimensions which I can get this coming weekend.

- John

Old April 16th 18, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]

On Sunday, April 15, 2018 at 2:22:08 PM UTC-7, Waveguru wrote:
Long ago our club had a great stand for the fuselage of a 2-33. It hooked under the steps on each on each side of the fuselage, and it rocked over center with a long bar. It was very stable. Does anybody have plans for one of these?

Boggs

Gary,

I think I have a pretty good idea of what you're looking for. PM me and we can get something sketched up.

Craig
7Q

Watering stand for PIK 20 Blake Seese 3Y Soaring 1 March 24th 16 02:15 PM
Wing Stand Jay Allardyce Soaring 7 March 1st 12 03:17 PM
STAND DOWN JJ Sinclair[_2_] Soaring 6 August 7th 11 10:50 AM
What does SCB stand for? Harriet and John Naval Aviation 12 January 19th 04 12:02 AM
An aeroplane that can stand still in air Chandresh Prakash Military Aviation 47 January 11th 04 12:31 PM