A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

2-33 fuselage stand

Old April 15th 18, 10:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Waveguru
external usenet poster

Default 2-33 fuselage stand

Long ago our club had a great stand for the fuselage of a 2-33. It hooked under the steps on each on each side of the fuselage, and it rocked over center with a long bar. It was very stable. Does anybody have plans for one of these?

Boggs
Old April 16th 18, 02:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Black Forest Soaring Society is currently refurbishing our 2-33. We have a stand setup that attaches to the nose handle and another stand that clamps to the tail. This enables us to rotate the fuselage to work on it. Email me off line and I'll be happy to send pics.

Mark
Old April 16th 18, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
external usenet poster

Boggs,

We use two types of 2-33 fuselage "stands".

1) This is what we use for restoration work. It is a frame of metal pipes and corner brackets (commonly used to build concert railing, stands and stages). We can cover this with tarps and use it as a paint booth. We suspend the fuselage from the wing attachment points. Works well.

2) The other is used for storage. This is a wooden cradle made of 2x4" and 2x6" lumber that captures the sides and bottom of the steps. We don't use anything in addition to "lock" the fuselage in place. Very stable. We thought about putting castering wheels on this but we found we could fairly easily drag it along the hangar's concrete floor.

Please let me know if you would like pictures with some dimensions which I can get this coming weekend.

- John

Old April 16th 18, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, April 15, 2018 at 2:22:08 PM UTC-7, Waveguru wrote:
Long ago our club had a great stand for the fuselage of a 2-33. It hooked under the steps on each on each side of the fuselage, and it rocked over center with a long bar. It was very stable. Does anybody have plans for one of these?

Boggs

Gary,

I think I have a pretty good idea of what you're looking for. PM me and we can get something sketched up.

Craig
7Q