Wildcat crash yesterday; pilot killed

Old October 20th 03, 02:58 AM
Paul Hirose

Default Wildcat crash yesterday; pilot killed

An FM-2 went down on approach to Ellington Field in Texas yesterday.
The pilot, William K. Johnson, 62 years old, was killed. Johnson flew
in the air show earlier that day at the field, then did a video shoot
with other planes right before the crash.

The Houston Chronicle says Johnson was an airboss with the CAF North
Carolinas Wing.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...story2/2166745

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stori....1772f8c2.html

--

Paul Hirose
Old October 20th 03, 04:11 PM
Alan Minyard

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 01:58:17 GMT, Paul Hirose
wrote:

An FM-2 went down on approach to Ellington Field in Texas yesterday.
The pilot, William K. Johnson, 62 years old, was killed. Johnson flew
in the air show earlier that day at the field, then did a video shoot
with other planes right before the crash.

The Houston Chronicle says Johnson was an airboss with the CAF North
Carolinas Wing.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...story2/2166745

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stori....1772f8c2.html

It is sad that he passed away, but I have reached the age where, when
I go, it would be nice to be doing what I love the most. :-(

Al Minyard
Old October 20th 03, 08:15 PM

Alan Minyard wrote:

I have reached the age where, when
I go, it would be nice to be doing what I love the most. :-(

Al Minyard

Me too, but at my age the percentage of time that I'm so employed
is so small that it seems unlikely...

--

-Gord.
Old October 22nd 03, 11:00 PM
tscottme

Alan Minyard wrote in message

It is sad that he passed away, but I have reached the age where, when
I go, it would be nice to be doing what I love the most. :-(

Al Minyard

Nice thought, I've hoped for the same thing but it would be a pity for
the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders.

--

Scott
--------

Old October 23rd 03, 01:41 PM
George Z. Bush

tscottme wrote:
Alan Minyard wrote in message

It is sad that he passed away, but I have reached the age where, when
I go, it would be nice to be doing what I love the most. :-(

Al Minyard

Nice thought, I've hoped for the same thing but it would be a pity for
the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders.

Your attempt at humor was misplaced. You've managed only to trivialize a
pilot's death. Excuse me for not laughing.

George Z.

Old October 23rd 03, 04:10 PM

"tscottme" wrote:

Alan Minyard wrote in message
.. .

It is sad that he passed away, but I have reached the age where, when
I go, it would be nice to be doing what I love the most. :-(

Al Minyard

Nice thought, I've hoped for the same thing but it would be a pity for
the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders.

Why Scott?, you don't look good in a miniskirt?...
--

-Gord.
Old October 23rd 03, 05:14 PM

"George Z. Bush" wrote:

Your attempt at humor was misplaced. You've managed only to trivialize a
pilot's death. Excuse me for not laughing.

George Z.

I agree...and I'm sorry for my contribution to this..I'll be more
careful in future.
--

-Gord.