ILEC SN10B

Old August 26th 13, 01:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ILEC SN10B

Can multiple flights made in one day be broken into single flight files to be downloaded and used for OLC flights?
Old August 27th 13, 12:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

Please clarify the question. When you download the flight logs from the
SN10, do you get one flight log with multiple flights? You should get
multiple flight logs in separate files.

Editing the file into multiple files would make the electronic security fail
validation - so that's not a good option.

It may be possible to upload the flight log to the OLC and use the "soaring
start" and "soaring end" parameters on the OLC web site to zero-in on a
specific flight. But I don't know if it would be possible to upload the
same flight log and use different soaring start and soaring end parameters.
I doubt that would work.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
______________________

Old August 27th 13, 08:22 AM
Ventus_a Ventus_a is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Can multiple flights made in one day be broken into single flight files to be downloaded and used for OLC flights?
I keep a PDA handy and download the SN10 between flights on the same day and clear the memory so I don't have any issues of multiple flights in the one file

Colin
Old August 28th 13, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Monday, August 26, 2013 7:50:53 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Can multiple flights made in one day be broken into single flight files to be downloaded and used for OLC flights?

No need to. Each flight is recorded as a separate igc file, numbered sequentially, for example:

355I4301.igc, then 355I4302.igc

(two flights from my SN10A when I landed back following my launch at a contest, then took a relight. Never turned off the SN10, just pushed back on the grid and took off, then downloaded both flights at the end of the day).

Kirk
66

Old August 28th 13, 08:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Wednesday, August 28, 2013 9:51:26 AM UTC-5, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:

That is the way it should work, (except that the fourth letter should be

'X' not 'I'. 'I' has already been allocated to Approved Recorders by

manufacturer Aircotec).

Is Ilec aware of that? I realize that the SN10 is not an approved logger, but it works great at US contests and on OLC.

Kirk
66
Old August 28th 13, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, August 26, 2013 8:50:53 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Can multiple flights made in one day be broken into single flight files to be downloaded and used for OLC flights? ------ That was our first download from the ILEC and am not familiar enough to know if there is another way to record and/or transfer the files. Turning the unit off and back on did not change the flights from being grouped in just one file. Need to look into it further. Thanks for the input.