Don's Dream Machines Fly-In Forum

Old July 6th 05, 06:07 PM
Deborah McFarland

Default Don's Dream Machines Fly-In Forum

Fly-In Forum: Don Swords and the staff of Don's Dream Machines will be at
Pickens County Airport, Jasper, Ga (JZP), from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm to answer
questions about engine overhaul and repair, aircraft certification,
homebuilding and avionics. Don is a well respected and knowledgeable IA,
DAR, and DME who has developed many STCs for aircraft engines. Jeff Swords
will be on hand to discuss the RV and avionics expert Don Taliaferro will be
on hand to assist with avionics questions. Call Don's Dream Machines at
770-412-8885 for forum details or Pickens County Airport at 706/253-8830 for
locality information.

Lunch: Noon to 1:00 pm. All aircraft parking on the grass.

Deb

--
1946 Luscombe 8A (His)
1948 Luscombe 8E (Hers)

Old July 6th 05, 07:05 PM
Deborah McFarland

Oops. August 20, 2005.

Deb

Old July 6th 05, 07:17 PM
W P Dixon

Hi Deborah,
How did ya'lls 4th of July shindig go? We made it back to TN in time to
catch the Sawyer Brown concert and fireworks in Rogersville, TN.

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

"Deborah McFarland" wrote in message
Oops. August 20, 2005.

Deb

Old July 6th 05, 07:50 PM
Deborah McFarland

Hi Deborah,
How did ya'lls 4th of July shindig go? We made it back to TN in time to
catch the Sawyer Brown concert and fireworks in Rogersville, TN.

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

It was great! Ceilings and vis sucked, but it does every July 4th. We had
about 1000 folks from the surrounding area to attend. The ride airplanes got
here late but still made their haul and were flying when I called it quits.
Our Kid's Tent was swarmed and all of the 100 t-shirts were gone in about an
hour (kids 12 and under). We still had extra goody bags to give away, but
they were snatched quickly.

I gave away all the brochures on my "propaganda" table. Most were AOPA
brochures about airplanes and learning to fly as well as free Georgia
Aeronautical Maps. I slyly added a brochure about our airport to each info
packet. I targeted older kids and voting adults here.

We had about 10 airplanes to attend. It was just too hazy, but our real
target is our local public. Our event garnered us a new concrete picnic
table for pilots and the public to use. Its on the north side of our
building. A portion of the airport property will become a county park.
Picnic tables have been donated to be placed on a crest where they can see
take-offs and landings.

We are trying to get our Front Porch declared a county park. It has the best
view in Georgia.

We have an awesome view of the fireworks from our hangar. Usually have 50 or
so "guests". I was too tired to care ;-).

Deb

BTW, the finest display was my own Lester. I did two quick, mouth-dropping
flybys. The crowd was awestruck ;-).

Old July 6th 05, 10:22 PM
W P Dixon

Hi,
That sounds great! Seems the public down your way backs their airport and
that is always a good thing! I wish I had not made prior plans I would have
enjoyed it I am sure. Heck I am a free map nut..ask my wife!! Any kind of
map, I should have been a mapmaker. Oh I did call a few of the CFI's ya
gave me. The first one the list did not have his Luscombe anymore, the
fellow with the Champ said to go one to Ohio and give him a call back.

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

Patrick