Australian winter soaring - NSW?

Old February 3rd 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Australian winter soaring - NSW?

Ok, I'm an early solo pilot, and freelance IT bod.. looks like there's a
bunch of suitable work going in sydney, imminent start. Question is, how
badly will it affect my gliding - aside from poor planning in doing back to
back winters, will it be as frustrating as an english winter - or as good as
an english summer?

Thanks,
Mark.

Old February 3rd 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Winter can be quite good along the coast during winter..

I have flown in England in summer and it was like a bad winters day.

Around August Canberra gliding club has a wave camp diamonds in the sky.

http://www.gfa.org.au/clubs/clubsnsw.php

Old February 3rd 06, 06:24 AM
bagmaker bagmaker is offline
Senior Member

Location: Melbourne Australia

Any gliding you do in Australia is going to badly affect your flying in England for the rest of your life.
Learn how to stop whining about the flies and heat and you will be welcome. Dont expect to enjoy second-rate pommy summer afterwards, though.
Badly!? HA!
Old February 3rd 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

So, not too bad then As for the flies & heat, spent Jan/Feb last year
windsurfing your west coast. Probably worse!

Old February 3rd 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Winter only lasts some of June then July august wave camp month and
September warms up.

www.narromineglidingclub.com.au

www.canberragliding.org

http://www.ozstuff.com.au/ccsoaring/