CHRISTIE'S AUCTION "40 Years of Star Trek: The Collection"

Old October 3rd 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack[_1_]

Default CHRISTIE'S AUCTION "40 Years of Star Trek: The Collection"

Christie's New York to mark Star Trek's 40th Anniversary with first-ever
official auction of Star Trek studio items.

October 5 - 7, 2006

....I'm ....too ...weak ....to ...resist.

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/news/article/16195.html
New York - In celebration of the 40th anniversary of Star Trek, Christie's
is honored to be holding a remarkable auction on October 5 - 7, 2006 of
official Star Trek contents from the archives of CBS Paramount Television
Studios. Over 1,000 lots from the never-before-released archives of CBS
Paramount Television will include material from all of the Star Trek
television series and movies, encompassing costumes, props, weapons, set
dressings, detailed models of the Enterprise and various alien ship and
space stations.

Over the past 40 years, Star Trek in its various incarnations has had a
monumental influence on pop culture, inspiring a global fan base to become
one of the most popular franchises in television and movie history. First
conceived by author Gene Roddenberry in the mid-1960's, Star Trek has
spawned six television series and ten feature films, and has launched the
successful careers of many of Hollywood's most respected actors and
actresses. Today, it still captivates millions of fans around the globe and
lives on in syndication and home video.

Cathy Elkies, Director of Special Collections at Christie's says, "Star Trek
has been a cornerstone of American popular culture for forty years, and
continues to impact generations of fans around the globe. Christie's is
thrilled to bring this unprecedented collection to market and to partner
with CBS Paramount Television in paying tribute to this seminal television
and movie phenomenon."

The collection includes items representing each chapter of the Star Trek
story, from the very first television series to the most recent movie,
"Nemesis." The items for auction range from costumes and small props, to
models, large-scale props and sets. Never has a collection of this scope and
depth come to the auction market, nor will it ever again.

http://www.christies.com/special_sites/startrek/overview.asp
Christie's: Overview ..."40 Years of Star Trek: The Collection"

http://www.christies.com/special_sites/startrek/how_to_buy.asp
Christie's: How to buy

http://news.com.com/Christies+lets+home+bidders+in+on+live+action/2100-1038_3-6093344.html
(From the link)
The tool, Christie's Live, gives users the chance to remotely watch the
company's live auctions, bidding on items online in real time.

"Christie's Live will allow us to bring to an unlimited online audience the
finest property, and those bidders will be able to participate, in real
time, in the excitement of the live salesroom," Edward Dolman, chief
executive of Christie's, said in a statement.

https://www.christies.com/LiveBidding/AboutLiveBidding.asp
Christie's: Live bidding

Montblack
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/landof10klakes/slideshow?.dir=/8892re2&.src=ph
First two pics in the slideshow g

Old October 4th 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Rich S.[_1_]

"Montblack" wrote in message
Christie's New York to mark Star Trek's 40th Anniversary with first-ever
official auction of Star Trek studio items.

October 5 - 7, 2006

...I'm ....too ...weak ....to ...resist.

Ron W. .........

Wanna go in halfies on lot #334 ?
http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/s...jectID=4779898

Rich S.

Old October 4th 06, 02:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Wanttaja

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 18:32:15 -0700, "Rich S."
wrote:

"Montblack" wrote in message
Christie's New York to mark Star Trek's 40th Anniversary with first-ever
official auction of Star Trek studio items.

Ron W. .........

Wanna go in halfies on lot #334 ?
http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/s...jectID=4779898

I don't think it'd fit you any better than it'll fit me... :-)

Ever since Paul Allen got the original command chair, collecting has lost its
allure. Though I go to the SF museum and drool at it, every once in a while....

Ron Wanttaja

Old October 4th 06, 05:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Rich S." wrote

Wanna go in halfies on lot #334 ?
http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/s...jectID=4779898

If Jerri Ryan is part of the deal, I'll be going for "wholezies!"
--
Jim (ya gotta love that siliconeg) in NC

Old October 4th 06, 10:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
[email protected][_1_]

Wanna go in halfies on lot #334 ?
http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/s...jectID=4779898

If Jerri Ryan is part of the deal, I'll be going for "wholezies!"
--
Jim (ya gotta love that siliconeg) in NC

You're gonna have to out-bid me first, Jim!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 5th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Roger[_4_]

wrote:

"Montblack" wrote in message
Christie's New York to mark Star Trek's 40th Anniversary with first-ever
official auction of Star Trek studio items.

Ron W. .........

Wanna go in halfies on lot #334 ?
http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/s...jectID=4779898

I don't think it'd fit you any better than it'll fit me... :-)

He's probably going to use it as a mold...?

Ever since Paul Allen got the original command chair, collecting has lost its
allure. Though I go to the SF museum and drool at it, every once in a while....

Ron Wanttaja

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old October 5th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

Wanna go in halfies on lot #334 ?
http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/s...jectID=4779898

I don't think it'd fit you any better than it'll fit me... :-)

He's probably going to use it as a mold...?

That makes sense, since it always looked like Jerri Ryan was "poured" into it,
anyway! g

Man, that is a heck of a mold! :-)
--
Jim in NC

Old October 5th 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

wrote in message
ups.com...
Wanna go in halfies on lot #334 ?
http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/s...jectID=4779898

If Jerri Ryan is part of the deal, I'll be going for "wholezies!"
--
Jim (ya gotta love that siliconeg) in NC

You're gonna have to out-bid me first, Jim!

:-)

Jay, if you feel that strongly about it, I guess I could share! g
--
Jim in NC

Old October 5th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article . com,
" wrote:

Wanna go in halfies on lot #334 ?
http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/s...&intObjectID=4
779898

If Jerri Ryan is part of the deal, I'll be going for "wholezies!"
--
Jim (ya gotta love that siliconeg) in NC

You're gonna have to out-bid me first, Jim!

And Mary is going to let you live?

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old October 5th 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Blanche Cohen

And for those of you who know any female who can fit into a size 4-6,
the infamous "Intendant" suit from DS9 is in one of the auction lots.