Seaplane rating

Old November 28th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallasâ„¢

Default Seaplane rating

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 22:56:44 GMT, Robert Moore wrote:

(B) An experimental certificate, unless the operation involves carrying a
passenger;

(C) Owner of aircraft is married to the Governor of the State.

:- )

--
Dallas
Old November 29th 08, 12:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel[_4_]

In article
,
"Robert M. Gary" wrote:

In
fact there is a pretty big movement of people in Alaska who want to
leave the union because they feel that DC is far too out of touch with
the realities of living in remote Alaska.

(keeping this at least partially aviation-focused) a lot of DC
isn't in touch with much of GA anywhere in the USA.
Old November 29th 08, 09:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave S

BUT... if you are carrying passengers, the exception doesnt hold, and
you have to have the cat/class for the plane.. (restating what was
mentioned initially..)

BT wrote:
Thanx Bob... that's a new wrinkle I had not seen..
BT

"Robert Moore" wrote in message
5.250...
"BT" wrote
explain that one further please? what does experimental have to do
with it? In the USA

FAR 61.31
(k) Exceptions.

(1) This section does not require a category and class rating for aircraft
not type-certificated as airplanes, rotorcraft, gliders, lighter-than-air
aircraft, powered-lifts, powered parachutes, or weight-shift-control
aircraft.

(2) The rating limitations of this section do not apply to-

(i) An applicant when taking a practical test given by an examiner;

(ii) The holder of a student pilot certificate;

(iii) The holder of a pilot certificate when operating an aircraft under
the authority of-

(A) A provisional type certificate; or

(B) An experimental certificate, unless the operation involves carrying a
passenger;

Bob Moore

Old November 29th 08, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article
,
"Robert M. Gary" wrote:

In
fact there is a pretty big movement of people in Alaska who want to
leave the union because they feel that DC is far too out of touch with
the realities of living in remote Alaska.

(keeping this at least partially aviation-focused) a lot of DC
isn't in touch with much of GA anywhere in the USA.

They also put that big TFR in DC just to keep us all out!

Old November 29th 08, 06:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike

"Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in message

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
On Nov 28, 8:23 am, DallasT wrote:
On 28 Nov 2008 14:20:43 GMT, Clark wrote:

Not necessarily. The Registry is always a little out of date. The pilot
could
be ASES for a couple or three months before it shows in the registry.

Ok... I was just wondering, I kept seeing Todd Palin's float plane moored
in the Palin's backyard when she was doing all those interviews. The
Registry shows him as SEL.

Could be that he's signed off solo. However, I read somewhere that the
FAA estimates that about 25% of all pilots in Alaska are not properly
rated. Alaska is a long way from DC and they're not always excited to
follow regulations that are brought to them from 5,000 miles away. In
fact there is a pretty big movement of people in Alaska who want to
leave the union because they feel that DC is far too out of touch with
the realities of living in remote Alaska.

-Robert

Then we should all leave the union, because they seem to be a good bit out
of touch with the realities of living just about anywhere.

You first. I'm sure we could take up a collection here and pay for a 1-way
ticket to Stupidarseholestan. It's not that much different than Oklahoma.
You'd be right at home there.

Bon voyage.

Old November 30th 08, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote in message
| You first. I'm sure we could take up a collection here and pay for a
1-way
| ticket to Stupidarseholestan. It's not that much different than Oklahoma.
| You'd be right at home there.

Why would I want to move to your home town, Tex.

Old November 30th 08, 02:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike

"Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in message

"Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote in message
| You first. I'm sure we could take up a collection here and pay for a
1-way
| ticket to Stupidarseholestan. It's not that much different than
Oklahoma.
| You'd be right at home there.

Why would I want to move to your home town, Tex.

Typical lame as a wounded duck Okie response, Maxipad. Keep up the good
work.

Old November 30th 08, 03:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote in message
| "Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in message
|
| "Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote in message
| ||
| | You first. I'm sure we could take up a collection here and pay for a
| 1-way
| | ticket to Stupidarseholestan. It's not that much different than
| Oklahoma.
| | You'd be right at home there.
| |

| Why would I want to move to your home town, Tex.
|
| Typical lame as a wounded duck Okie response, Maxipad. Keep up the good
| work.

You would indeed by our resident expert lame duck.

Old November 30th 08, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike

"Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in message

"Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote in message
| "Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in message
|
| "Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote in message
| ||
| | You first. I'm sure we could take up a collection here and pay for
| 1-way
| | ticket to Stupidarseholestan. It's not that much different than
| Oklahoma.
| | You'd be right at home there.
| |

| Why would I want to move to your home town, Tex.
|
| Typical lame as a wounded duck Okie response, Maxipad. Keep up the good
| work.

You would indeed by our resident expert lame duck.

Into meth this early?

That stuff is going to rot your brain cell, Okie.

Old November 30th 08, 07:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote in message

| Into meth this early?
|
| That stuff is going to rot your brain cell, Okie.

Nope, you're clearly the only doper around here you senseless idiot.

Seaplane Base 1 - Leaving the Seaplane Base-2.jpg (1/1) john smith[_2_] Aviation Photos 2 August 2nd 07 08:37 AM
Moosehead seaplane fly-in Cub Driver Piloting 4 August 2nd 05 01:28 PM
Seaplane Rating Add-On and Seaplane Rental Peter Bauer Piloting 10 May 29th 05 11:53 AM
Seaplane Gliders Burt Compton Soaring 0 September 24th 04 01:45 PM
rotorcraft commercial rating or better rating advice Rick Cook Rotorcraft 0 October 13th 03 04:49 PM