Another off-topic question

Old January 14th 07, 04:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine

Default Another off-topic question

However, seeing there are so many photographers in here, you should know
best.

I was wondering how sensitive a light meter is and if it would work inside.
I just replaced a flouro light bulb (lasted 2.5 years and saved me over
$80!) and noticed that the new bulb is now somewhat brighter despite being
identical in make and consumption and I'm curious if the bulbs lose
efficiency over time and by how much.

--
Alan Erskine

Old January 14th 07, 04:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
- Lunacy -

fluros degrade in performance all the time

sometimes when putting new badly stored fluros in you can see the gas
revolve around the cylinder when the light is first turned on .

Old January 14th 07, 04:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
David Dyer-Bennet

Alan Erskine wrote:
However, seeing there are so many photographers in here, you should know
best.

I was wondering how sensitive a light meter is and if it would work inside.
I just replaced a flouro light bulb (lasted 2.5 years and saved me over
$80!) and noticed that the new bulb is now somewhat brighter despite being
identical in make and consumption and I'm curious if the bulbs lose
efficiency over time and by how much.

Yes, a light meter (any vaguely modern photographic model anyway) is
perfectly capable of accurately reading normal and even very dim room
light. Some of them even come with conversion tables to give you
physics units instead of photographic units; but if you're just looking
to quantify the difference between two bulbs, even the photographic
units are fairly useful.

Old January 15th 07, 02:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine

"David Dyer-Bennet" wrote in message
. net...
Alan Erskine wrote:
[...]

Thanks, David; much appreciated.

--
Alan Erskine

Old January 15th 07, 02:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine

Alan Erskine wrote:
[...]

Geeky GPS question (PCI card, possibly off-topic) Tina Marie Owning 14 June 15th 05 05:15 PM
ON TOPIC- Question about WWII-era airbase runway... Thomas J. Paladino Jr. Military Aviation 3 April 27th 04 01:58 PM
off topic Randall Robertson Simulators 0 January 2nd 04 01:29 PM
Gasp-- On Topic RAM question! Charles Gray Military Aviation 10 December 28th 03 05:53 PM
Off topic question - Are you receiving viruses? Mike Williams Rotorcraft 8 September 27th 03 04:14 AM