World's Busiest International Airport

Old May 30th 04, 06:36 PM
RM

Default World's Busiest International Airport

I've no idea what it would be, but I do know one that isn't.

I just drove by Presidio Lely International Airport (T77) in west
Texas.

It does have a sign, which is how I knew it was an international
airport, a wire fence and a wind sock, but not a whole lot more.
There were two airplanes parked the a Piper Cub and a Piper Colt.

I would have hopped a flight to London or someplace, but no one seemed
to be around the terminal (a trailer house), so I had to continue on
by car. I still did make it an international trip, though, when I waded
across the Rio Grande a few miles down the road.
Old May 30th 04, 09:21 PM
Louis L. Perley III

"RM" wrote in message
om...
I've no idea what it would be, but I do know one that isn't.

I just drove by Presidio Lely International Airport (T77) in west
Texas.

It does have a sign, which is how I knew it was an international
airport, a wire fence and a wind sock, but not a whole lot more.
There were two airplanes parked the a Piper Cub and a Piper Colt.

Being an international airport, doesn't that just mean you can use it as
a port of entry to make the necessary customs declarations?

--
Louis L. Perley III
N46000

Old May 31st 04, 11:01 AM
G Farris

I suppose you need LRA or AOE status to be able to call it "International".
Franklin County in Vermont is another one way up on the list.
http://www.vermontairports.com/highgate.html

By the way - The REAL busiest airport in the world is . . .

CHICAGO O'HARE, with 928,501 movements in 2003.
ATLANTA had the greatest number of passengers (79 million) followed by OHare,
with 70 million.

To find a non-US airport on the list, you have to go down to position #6,
where Paris' Charles de Gaulle shows 515,000 movements (about half that of
O'Hare).

G Faris

Old May 31st 04, 09:25 PM
Morgans

"G Farris" wrote By the way - The REAL busiest airport
in the world is . . .

CHICAGO O'HARE, with 928,501 movements in 2003.
G Faris

Wrong, for one week per year. Most movements in a week goes to....

Oshkosh!
--
Jim in NC

---

Old June 2nd 04, 03:35 PM
Jens Krueger

G Farris wrote:

CHICAGO O'HARE, with 928,501 movements in 2003.
ATLANTA had the greatest number of passengers (79 million) followed by OHare,
with 70 million.

To find a non-US airport on the list, you have to go down to position #6,
where Paris' Charles de Gaulle shows 515,000 movements (about half that of
O'Hare).

Do you have a source for that? Preferrably online?

Cheers,
Jens
--
I don't accept any emails right now. Usenet replys only.
Old June 2nd 04, 04:44 PM
MikeM

RM wrote:

I've no idea what it would be, but I do know one that isn't.

I just drove by Presidio Lely International Airport (T77) in west
Texas.

You'll love this one:

http://www.airnav.com/airport/48U

I regularly stop at this one:

http://www.airnav.com/airport/7S8

No fuel, no based aircraft, but it is only a 10min walk from
both US and Canadian Customs. You can use it as an AOE either
North or South bound...

MikeM

Old June 2nd 04, 06:15 PM
Neil A. Bratney

MikeM wrote:

You'll love this one:

http://www.airnav.com/airport/48U

That's great, the runway is "dirt, in poor condition
ROUGH; DEBRIS FULL LENGTH OF RY; BROKEN BOTTLES & FIREWORKS DEBRIS."

Everything I could expect from a Intergalactic Spacport!"

Old June 2nd 04, 06:49 PM
Dylan Smith

In article 1Xnvc.4251$wS2.3890@okepread03, Neil A. Bratney wrote:
That's great, the runway is "dirt, in poor condition
ROUGH; DEBRIS FULL LENGTH OF RY; BROKEN BOTTLES & FIREWORKS DEBRIS."

I've been to Interstellar Spaceport, and it's not quite as bad as that,
but it is undeniably rough.

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net
Old June 2nd 04, 09:02 PM
Duck Dog

On Mon, 31 May 2004 10:01:27 +0000 (UTC), (G Farris)
wrote:

I suppose you need LRA or AOE status to be able to call it "International".
Franklin County in Vermont is another one way up on the list.
http://www.vermontairports.com/highgate.html

By the way - The REAL busiest airport in the world is . . .

CHICAGO O'HARE, with 928,501 movements in 2003.
ATLANTA had the greatest number of passengers (79 million) followed by OHare,
with 70 million.

To find a non-US airport on the list, you have to go down to position #6,
where Paris' Charles de Gaulle shows 515,000 movements (about half that of
O'Hare).

For passengers, #3 is Heathrow and #4 is Tokyo/Haneda.

G Faris